Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Got both

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For being the same 2 cars, your pair and my pair are far appart.....color wise, very close geographically.

Beautiful.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:58 PM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmidts Cat
For being the same 2 cars, your pair and my pair are far appart.....color wise, very close geographically.

Beautiful.
Agreed - you went bold with the colors, I stayed a bit more subdued. Yours are gorgeous - are you tracking both of them regulary?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:59 PM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Schmidts Cat

Beautiful.
Oh yeah, and when it comes to having a nice pair, it's all in the eyes of the beholder, right?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:37 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by peloton
3 will be DD; RS will be track toy. 2 cars allows for a more focused track set up on the RS.
Good point. I was thinking of doing the same, but tracking the 3 instead.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 09-03-2007, 07:34 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,701 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Good point. I was thinking of doing the same, but tracking the 3 instead.
if you have two, it makes no sense tracking the GT3.
you have to put in more money to get it to RS level. it's much better to track the RS and enjoy the sunroof'd GT3 on street (and i am not being sarcastic about the sunroof. i think it would be very nice to have it open on the road).
Old 09-03-2007, 09:09 PM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
you have to put in more money to get it to RS level. it's much better to track the RS and enjoy the sunroof'd GT3 on street (and i am not being sarcastic about the sunroof. i think it would be very nice to have it open on the road).
At the risk of drifting off topic on a thread i started, I'd appreciate input on the priority list of RS track prep. I know about alignment changes and seats/belts/cage...but what else and in what order? Thanks.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Very nice.

What else is in your stable?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:37 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,701 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by peloton
At the risk of drifting off topic on a thread i started, I'd appreciate input on the priority list of RS track prep. I know about alignment changes and seats/belts/cage...but what else and in what order? Thanks.
i feel that 18" and better rubber is a MUST. that fixed a LOT of problems.

rear toe link if u like.

other than the ususal pads/rotor preferences, i really think the car is very good as is. short of ripping things out of the car to reduce wt i dont think there are any quick or obvious way to improve the car much.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:57 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
Good point Moot. But what capabilities does the RS have that the GT3 doesn't? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the major differences were the flywheel, rear wing and Carrera 4 rear fenders. I haven't seen any data thus far to suggest the RS can outperform the GT3 with those differences. Fill me in.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:16 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 600 Posts

I doubt any of us would be faster in an A:B test of either. The regular 3 does have less drag over 140mph or so.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:33 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still don't get it.
Why waste your money on prepping an RS when you really should be buying a CupCar for the track.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Very nice.

What else is in your stable?
Not sure what is under the cover, but looks like a 360 with rear diffuser on the lift? Nice stable.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:21 PM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Not sure what is under the cover, but looks like a 360 with rear diffuser on the lift? Nice stable.
Under the cover is a CL600 with full Kleemann technical kit. 627 hp and 800 ft lbs. Mechanical LSD. Lowered. Brembo 380mm/8 piston big brake kit. Forged 20" wheels with lotsa Michelin PS2 rubber on them.

Close call - the car on the rack is an F430.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:25 PM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RR
Still don't get it.
Why waste your money on prepping an RS when you really should be buying a CupCar for the track.
RR - looks like you're seeking some logic to back up what is essentially just an emotional decision. Once one is on the path of gathering up a few toys, there is not necessarily a linear decision-making process. But to answer your question: I'm willing to prep a car to track alignment specs/stiffer suspension/and noisier. But I've gone down the pure track car route before that requires a trailer and towing and I'm just not that dedicated to track days to go that route. If I was racing instead of just having fun perhaps I would think differently about it. I hope that helps address your question.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:37 PM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RR
Still don't get it.
RR - looks like you're seeking some logic to back up what is essentially just an emotional decision. Once one is on the path of gathering up a few toys, there is not necessarily a linear decision-making process. But to answer your question: I'm willing to prep a car to track alignment specs/stiffer suspension/and noisier. But I've gone down the pure track car route before that requires a trailer and towing and I'm just not that dedicated to track days to go that route. If I was racing instead of just having fun perhaps I would think differently about it. I hope that helps address your question.

Quick Reply: Got both