Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What do you see GT# prices(non RS) doing

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

stuka, on a lease, that makes perfect sense... otherwise, you have paid for usused mileage...
Old 09-01-2007, 11:55 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,783 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
i think that there are many out there who buy Porsches as fun weekend toys, not every day drivers... come on, you have to work pretty hard to put 12k miles per year on a fun weekend toy...

there is no question that these are depreciating assets and no one should buy as an investment... however, i do think that you can be 'smart' about which model you buy and how it will be used...and i still think that if someone dumped their GT3/RS in the first couple of years (which i do not plan to do personally), that if showroom condition and low mileage, they should hold around sticker...

just my .02
hey, i am just busting your ***** in good fun of course.

you are right, all car drop in value, but by picking the "right" car, it would drop less. say you buy a loaded 997S and a stripped GT3, everything else being equal, you will lose less $$$ on GT3. no question.

as far as ppl buy p car as weekend toy... heehee, my RS IS A WEEKEND TOY. my commute daily is about 20 steps from my bedroom to my office down stairs. each track day for me = 500 miles (round trip + miles on track). if i have an event that's friday, sat, sun. i drive to/from track EACH day so i can see my daughter every night before i wash her up and put her to bed. so that would be 1500 miles weekend. then you add the trips i make to my mechanic to have the car dialed in.... 30k or so a year is right there... but as you know i am far from a sane person.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:42 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,449 Likes on 2,055 Posts

Mooty has a point if you drive your car to the track, even if it's just a weekend car. A lot of miles on these GT3's are miles to and from the track in 6th gear in those cases.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:01 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Mooty, I want your life....!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,783 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Mooty, I want your life....!
you do know that whever i am not on track i am up working. i was up at 3am (this is sunday) working... i dont sleep much. i catch my Z's when my wife is driving or when i am in mtgs. somehow i still follow the mtg when i am sleeping, dont ask, my father has the same ability.

Quick Reply: What do you see GT# prices(non RS) doing