Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OT: Nissan considering voiding warranty on second-owner GT-Rs

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 03:49 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Ferrari has been known to make buyers sign a right of first refusal if the car is sold w/i *two years*. Attached is a copy of it.

The reality though, is that if you sell your car in breach of the contract, Ferrari (here, Nissan) isn't going to do schit, and they cannot reposses or otherwise undue the sale. You will be focked next time you try to buy a Ferrari. Those Eyetalians are not gonna fughettaboutit.
So when are you picking up the 430? Is it going to be that Scuderia (sp?) version?
Old 08-26-2007, 03:54 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
haha, to really prevent speculation, they ought to write into contract, if you dont put 50k miles on the car in year one, they will take the car back and you lose all your money.
In that case, I am going for the longest lease program available and they can take it back after one year
Old 08-26-2007, 06:16 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

this sounds like a great solution to the flipping issue, it puts the cars in the hands of the real buyers and builds brand loyalty, bravo! I say
Old 08-26-2007, 06:21 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wilfred
So when are you picking up the 430? Is it going to be that Scuderia (sp?) version?
No pasta burner for me. I got them out of my system for now.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:45 AM
ALPINE_997
Instructor

I think Nissan is going in the right direction. Some builders of condo's in my town had to stop the flipping that was going on because the prices were going over their asking. They had to increase to keep up and it caused the prices to sky rocket too fast. They put a contract in place that if the unit was sold no matter what for higher than purchased that all proceeds goes back to the Condo Assoc. for future improvements. That stopped them dead in their tracks.

The Ferrari contract almost held up on a friend of mine until he proved to them he sold it at what he paid for it. MSRP - he had an in with a dealership. They were still giving him a hard time and almost refused to sell him the F430 Spyder. He bought a coupe and wanted a spyder. He paid over sticker for the spyder since he was impatient unlike the coupe. But they eventually let him purchase the Spyder. I was laughing because I didn't think that they would enforce it since he was a paying/repeat client. Guess they don't show favoritism all that often...
Old 08-27-2007, 02:25 PM
007GT3
Instructor

Why couldn't you (assuming a cash buyer) just buy the car through a Montana LLC, get the car titled in Montana, and when you decide to flip it, you just sell the Montana LLC to the new buyer?

Quick Reply: OT: Nissan considering voiding warranty on second-owner GT-Rs