Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Bruce Day at Calabogie Motorsports (VIDEO)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Bob Rouleau;4498716]Apex - sheeesh such strong sentiments! Are you suffering track withdrawl?

Hey Bob,

Its true that I do get a little cranky when suffering from deceleration syndrome. As a result my post may have been a little harsher than originally intended. That being said the spirit of the post still rings true.

I was simply trying to say that Ron has an opinion and it’s an informed one at that. I strongly believe that he would welcome a debate on the topic but all that was being offered was jabs without foundation. If his opinion is that the RS is a POS then so be it. He's entitled to it. But what I had a problem with was him being ridiculed for being very disappointed with the gap between promise and reality where the marketing was concerned. Additionally his disappointment is with a gap that many of us including yourself have recognised.

I should be much better by Thursday when the G forces bring my mood to a happier balance.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

I've boarded up the front windows should the occasional missile come from south of the road [/QUOTE]

The RSR DE is going to be a good one. I will be driving a tank
Old 08-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Hmm I will be driving my "pig" at Calabogie. We'll see about the indigestion. Last time you pulled away but very very slooooowly. I had a passenger - you did not. Indigestion? Sure, but it was honorable. I didn't burp

Best,
I'm so happy right now I could just cry. This is what I've been missing this year. The "bitch talking" is great to see again. "I'm faster than you are and my dad can beat your dad". I really miss you guys.

Now go by some fresh rubber and lets settle this once and for all at Calabogie!!!! Everyone follow me!!!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:41 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Apex Late
I'm so happy right now I could just cry. This is what I've been missing this year. The "bitch talking" is great to see again. "I'm faster than you are and my dad can beat your dad". I really miss you guys.

Now go by some fresh rubber and lets settle this once and for all at Calabogie!!!! Everyone follow me!!!!!
Hey Keith, this one's for you

BTW Mr. Dolliver is interested in looking at my RSA. I'll have to stop in Ottawa on my way up thursday night.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

Originally Posted by CWay27
Hey Keith, this one's for you

BTW Mr. Dolliver is interested in looking at my RSA. I'll have to stop in Ottawa on my way up thursday night.
You should get an invite to Bruce Day and take him on a real test drive
Old 08-28-2007, 01:23 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

You should get an invite to Bruce Day and take him on a real test drive
Beside this forum, I never had the chance to really introduce myself to Bruce. Too bad Phillip can't come this week-end, he's doing the Rover thing in Montebello.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:01 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

OK Keith, we got fresh rubber (18 inch RA'1s) on the 968 I can't wait to show you around the track.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cavlino
OK Keith, we got fresh rubber (18 inch RA'1s) on the 968 I can't wait to show you around the track.
That should be a great show to watch!!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

That should be a great show to watch!!
I cant wait to see that show myself. We will capture the whole thing with the RaceDV. Can't wait Carm.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:43 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

I cant wait to see that show myself. We will capture the whole thing with the RaceDV. Can't wait Carm.
How does it work if I want to get some footage?? Do we have to buy, can we rent???
Old 08-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

How does it work if I want to get some footage?? Do we have to buy, can we rent???
You can rent the system at Calabogie from 303Imaging. They will be happy to hook you up.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Apex - be wary. I hear that Ron lent Cavalino the special chip from his 996GT3. Don't place bets on the outcome in spite of the fact that the 968 Cab is a girly-man sort of car
Not as girly as a speed yellow GT3 mind you .. but that's another story<snicker>

BTW, what biatch talk yo talkin about yo?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:11 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Cool, can I get a special 996GT3 chip in my car!!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

[QUOTE=Bob Rouleau;4502248]Apex - be wary. I hear that Ron lent Cavalino the special chip from his 996GT3. Don't place bets on the outcome

I don't like chips with the trans fat and all.

To Carm I say bring it on, to Ron I say bring the 996, and to you I say bring a tissue

Ok so apparently the bitch talkin was comin from me yo!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:39 PM
brucegre
Banned

Oh, oh - Ron's bringing the 6? Damn, I have to start thinking up excuses fast. He wouldn't believe Keith and I on how much the real tires would transform the car, but he also wouldn't quit trying on the stock tires and he had the RS flying last time at Calabogie. I must admit, it didn't look like he was having that much fun, but he was motoring.

Naturally, we discussed all the tricks, so he's coming armed and ready for bear. Anybody got some worn out PS2s I can use?

Keith, no Cup car on Thursday, ran out of time to go get it, so it's just the black beast again. Hope it stays in the low 20's, we'll make some power.

Quick Reply: Bruce Day at Calabogie Motorsports (VIDEO)