Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Very nice NYC GT3...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 06:40 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Very nice NYC GT3...

There was NY Tri-State charity run today that brought out a ton of high-end cars including this white GT3 with ROW seats!

The car looked like it had just past 2000 miles.

Whoever the lucky owner is, congrats!

The rest of the gallery of cars is here:

http://www.pbase.com/pistolpete13/2007_exotics_run
Old 08-13-2007, 01:02 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes sir, that car is done right, the boys over at Huntington Porsche did that car, the owners name is Emil and a member of Ferrarichat!!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:51 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

that car convinced me that full leather is not needed on the 997. thats a wonderful interior and no full leather.
I have lamented on this as my 996 GT3 had full leather but the plastic interior on the 996 needed it to bring it up to a $100K car standards. The 997 doesnt need it. Its VERY nice but not needed. I relied on RL opinions of full leather in the 997 and as usual RL members were correct.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't have full leather but why does it have door handle and door harmrest in leather instead of Alcantara (or is it only the RS that comes like that)?? Love the seats and roll bar but would of skiped a few CF bits.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:09 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by CWay27
It doesn't have full leather but why does it have door handle and door harmrest in leather instead of Alcantara (or is it only the RS that comes like that)?? Love the seats and roll bar but would of skiped a few CF bits.
That's the bizarre thing about the "full" leather option, in some ways, to the naked eye, it seems you get less leather with the full leather option. Full leather adds the dashboard strip in leather and a bunch of alcantera on the doors. I'm assuming it also gives you some leather in the back "storage" area, but I haven't gotten my car yet so I won't know until it comes.

Does anyone know exactly what comes in leather? The Porsche configurator is tough to decipher exactly what they are talking about.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fc-racer
That's the bizarre thing about the "full" leather option, in some ways, to the naked eye, it seems you get less leather with the full leather option. Full leather adds the dashboard strip in leather and a bunch of alcantera on the doors. I'm assuming it also gives you some leather in the back "storage" area, but I haven't gotten my car yet so I won't know until it comes.

Does anyone know exactly what comes in leather? The Porsche configurator is tough to decipher exactly what they are talking about.
Wow, didn't know that.

Thanks for making it clear
Old 08-13-2007, 11:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,700 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by CWay27
not sure if USA is same as canada, but that car is NOT full leather.
full leather had alcantara on door as you mentioned.
the door pull (handle) and arm rest are always in leather no matter what, except boxster non s and cayman non s.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

mooty

I am assuming by arm rest you mean the hinged cover of the door storage compartment...or do you mean the top of the door? If the former, then on my full leather GT3, it is in alcantara.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:18 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Mooty, we have the same cars, no difference between Canada and US. I remember seeing pictures a while ago and almost entire door was Alcantara, so I assumed it was regular and not full leather.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:04 AM
Sam-Son
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 179 Posts

Some action shots of the car

Old 08-14-2007, 05:40 AM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

"full leather" isn't...

Oddly, the center console, door panels inserts, door storage compartment lids (GT3) and door handles all end up in Alcantara when you order "full leather".
Old 08-14-2007, 12:07 PM
EmilGH
6th Gear

Post That GT3's Options List

Hi guys,

To clear up some of the mystery, here's the full list of options I got on that car:

- EZA Interior Carbon Package
- EZB, Carbon Package Switch Panel
- XMJ, Rear Center Console - Carbon
- X69, Carbon Door Sill Mdl Insignia

For some reason, I decided that the boy racer carbon fiber overload would work on this car. Detailing Dynamics in NY added a few additional carbon pieces like the sideview mirrors. Personally, I'm happy with how it came out.

- 450 Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
- P36 PCM 2.1
- P12 Self-Dim Mirrors and Rain Sensor
- P74 Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package
- XFG Instrument Dials in Guards Red
- XSX Seat Belts in Guards Red
- XXZ Footrest Aluminum
- 509 Fire Extinguisher
- 640 Chrono Package Plus
- 666 Module for Telephone PCM
- 810 Floor Mats

After the fact, we fitted the DAS Sport Rollbar (painted white), the ROW GT3 Seats, and Schroth harnesses, front center vent in Carbon, front inlet screens and a few other minor bits and pieces. I would have liked there to be more Alcantera, but there isn't. If I order a GT2, I'll do it right. :-)

All work and motorsports parts came directly from Porshce of Huntington. Thom has been working on my p-cars since I got my first one in 1999 and he's the absolute best.

Oh! I almost forgot: this car will be the first "moderne" Porsche to run the La Carrera Panamericana in Mexico in October. For those of you that may not know, La Carrera is a national 7-day long race in Mexico. It's actually where the 911 Carrera gets it's name. The cars were dominating in the 1970s/1980s, so Porsche adopted the name.

I'm really looking forward to this event. Think of it as the Gumball or Player's Run -- where the police drive with you to keep people out of your way and close down roads so you can go fast. REALLY fast.

PS: This is my first visit to Rennlist in years. It's nice to see a real forum here. Last time I was here, there were more splash screens and non-functioning Javascript...
Old 08-14-2007, 01:36 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Welcome to the board Emil! That is one loaded GT3 you've got there.

Can't wait to hear about your experience with this race in Mexico. How did you manage to get involved with something like this? Are you selected by a group or can anyone join for a fee?

-Pete
Old 08-14-2007, 03:51 PM
EmilGH
6th Gear

La Carrera is open to anyone. There's a VERY reasonable fee that covers hotels, race setup, Mexican racing license, etc. There are some technical requirements for the car, like any real race series, but it's all doable if you've ever been club racing. This is a real-deal race, not poser rally. I've done both -- and much prefer racing. ;-)

Full reports, including semi-live coverage to follow on Fast Lane Daily
Old 08-14-2007, 05:29 PM
jsdkms
Advanced

Where can I order seats like the ones in the car for my GT3RS and the cost?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Very nice NYC GT3...