Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Stuttgart over a Weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 05:05 PM
naparsei
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stuttgart over a Weekend?

Is there anything to do over a weekend, Porsche-wise? I will be in Luxembourg on Friday until the early afternoon, and need to be in Vienna by lunch on Monday. I'd love to see Porsche stuff - museums, sights, etc. although the factory is obviously closed - which pains me, because my car will be inside being built as I drive by...
Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 PM
khaug
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mercedes recently opened a new museum, http://www.mercedes-benz.com/content...ld_Museum.html, which is supposed to be spectacular

I believe the Porsche museum is now under construction and closed, altho I'd verify this. Schloss Solitude is easily done and worth the short trip. The baroque Ludwigsburg Palace in nearby Ludwigsburg is large, spectacular and does guided tours in English.

If you're looking for accommodations, we enjoyed our stay in the Steigenburger Graf Zeppelin, located in downtown Stuttgart across from the railway station.

Gut fahrt!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:11 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 600 Posts

There is alot more to do in Munich - BMW, Deutches Museum, aviation museum, shopping, food, bier etc. The Dorint Sofitel there is fantastic and in a very good location
Old 08-09-2007, 12:55 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

short drive from luxemburg to nurburg! drop by Manthey racing and check out the cars. Lots of amazing porsches over there. public times on friday afternoon at the nordschleife as well.
porsche museum won't open until 2008. not much else to do in stuttgart over the weekend since the plant is closed.

Quick Reply: Stuttgart over a Weekend?