RS October build, just got the call. Need help with order

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RS October build, just got the call. Need help with order

Hi,

I just got off the phone, I got an October RS build. We have 48 hours to spec it per the rep. I have not really given it much thought, as I thought it was a pipe dream. Now I need to get into action.

What are your thoughts about options?

Off the cuff:

PCCB
Adaptive seats
Heated seats
Xenon
Orange/black wheels
Black full leather
Chrono

Thinking about bringing some orange into the interior, rear center console in orange, or maybe just gear trim. Maybe stiching.

If anyone has some quick photos of some interior color choice, console, stiching, etc, please post.

Thanks a lot. I'm still shaking I'm so freaked out.

Blue
Old 08-08-2007, 04:18 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

My only advice is to forego the seat choices and get the real RS seats! The chrono is only good for the stopwatch/wart on the dashboard...
Old 08-08-2007, 04:23 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. The only thing I'd get is the xenons.
2. Get the full leather only if you want even more Alcantara.
3. You can replace the Alcantara steering wheel with leather (at no cost) if you'd rather not deal with grungy suede (yes, I know it's a synthetic).
4. Congrats!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:28 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Hi,

I just got off the phone, I got an October RS build. We have 48 hours to spec it per the rep. I have not really given it much thought, as I thought it was a pipe dream. Now I need to get into action.

What are your thoughts about options?

Off the cuff:

PCCB
Adaptive seats
Heated seats
Xenon
Orange/black wheels
Black full leather
Chrono

Thinking about bringing some orange into the interior, rear center console in orange, or maybe just gear trim. Maybe stiching.

If anyone has some quick photos of some interior color choice, console, stiching, etc, please post.

Thanks a lot. I'm still shaking I'm so freaked out.

Blue

To many orange RS on the road. GREEN is the best choice. Also the option of side skirts painted body color is a good option IMHO.

Jim Huber
Old 08-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Blue -

I would skip the PCCB - the regular brakes are superb and do not cost a fortune to replace like the PCCB.

Skip the full leather and adaptive seats. Instead buy real 996 GT3 seats in leather or alcantara as you chose. The proper GT3 seats are far superior as long as you don't need seats that fold.

Buy the Xenon lights the regular ones are weak.

Chrono is a waste of money and it is ugly on top of that. It does nothing useful on the RS.

Best,
Old 08-08-2007, 04:46 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations! I need to ask a qualifying question: What will you be using the car for? If a track car, take Bob's advice. If a pleasure cruiser, then feel free to add some of the nice bells & whistles...

My $0.02,
-B
Old 08-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
My only advice is to forego the seat choices and get the real RS seats! The chrono is only good for the stopwatch/wart on the dashboard...
+1 but since you're in US, get the new sport "bucket seats". Much lighter than old sport seats and look much cooler too.
And the stopwatch... You really don't want that.

Rest of the advice from current RS owner are all good too. Including the green color. Orange looks cool but green is more unique!
Old 08-08-2007, 05:35 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Full Euro spec parts on order except plastic window....options as delivered include: PCCB's, xenons, AC delete, orange....rear cage goes in this week...
Old 08-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

get the NAV
Old 08-08-2007, 06:04 PM
007GT3
Instructor

Originally Posted by 94Speedster
Congratulations! I need to ask a qualifying question: What will you be using the car for? If a track car, take Bob's advice. If a pleasure cruiser, then feel free to add some of the nice bells & whistles...

My $0.02,
-B
Yeah, 2 different option sets...one for the track and one for cruising to starbucks.

I am of the later and say "load it up" and don't forget the navigation!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:04 PM
normank
Racer

Take a deep breath, count to 10, let the air out and ask yourself:
Will it be on the track 99% or the time? Take the "stripper" advice.
If you plan to drive it on the road: Do what you feel. In Colorado the heated seats should be nice. The Nav is great. The upgraded sound system, if you could hear it, is pretty poor.
I saw a Yellow GT3 at Sebring on Sunday. The driver looked pretty hardcore. The car had every conceivable option.
Try to imagine what you want to see when you open the garage door every day and do that.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:20 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jimhuber

To many orange RS on the road. GREEN is the best choice. Also the option of side skirts painted body color is a good option IMHO.

Jim Huber
My only concern is how long will they stay painted and not scuffed up...
Old 08-08-2007, 07:21 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by normank
Take a deep breath, count to 10, let the air out and ask yourself:
Will it be on the track 99% or the time? Take the "stripper" advice.
If you plan to drive it on the road: Do what you feel. In Colorado the heated seats should be nice. The Nav is great. The upgraded sound system, if you could hear it, is pretty poor.
I saw a Yellow GT3 at Sebring on Sunday. The driver looked pretty hardcore. The car had every conceivable option.
Try to imagine what you want to see when you open the garage door every day and do that.
Great advice!!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:27 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

I'm confused, but happy. My new Orange RS has PCCB's, great breaks and not more expesnsive in the long run when you find out haw long they last compared to the steel. I also have crono and nav just in case, I have no idea why I got them but I like to look at the map and I might go some place? My car is a garage queen that I love to look at and I will drive it on the track but not to access. I have had a Cup Car and if I decide to spend alot of time on the track I will go back to a CUP. in the mean time this is a really cool street car that has track abiltiy. Just get what you want and injoy. You can'not go wrong.
Boyd
Old 08-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats. I would skip the chrono. Does not do anything and looks better without it IMHO. Search the threads here and on 6speed. There are some cool shots of interior choices that poeple have done with orange. I agree on looking at Green. I would order a base car without anything myself after getting my gt3. I am told the Xenons weigh about 50+ lbs but I am not sure about that. The car looks good w/out the headlamp washers. So pick your color and go base ( also less depreciation). Its and RS not a turbo or C2. My 2 cents worth. Enjoy

Quick Reply: RS October build, just got the call. Need help with order