Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Euro Delivery GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Pesto360
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car (the fake) was 9113601316....its in the book I have the authenticity letter...even dr knoradsheim himself wanted to buy it because it was originally india red..i posted the entire story on pelican parts forum under 911 and also on the air cooled section of rennlist...its a horror what makes it worse are the people who make terrible comments on the message boards...i posted on both in hopes someone would have known something or be able to help..
Old 09-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Very sorry to hear about your situation. Also very sad to see some of the comments from fellow Porsche owners on Pelican. I believe the term for them would be haters
Please keep us updated on your findings.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pesto360
My car (the fake) was 9113601316....its in the book I have the authenticity letter...even dr knoradsheim himself wanted to buy it because it was originally india red..i..
Thanks for that - I have details only on the RSRs, your number doesn't appear, fortunately.

I have become aware that some of the people operating scams with the RS and RSR cars are very devious, indeed. These days, I put them under pressure to see what cracks, most of them are amazingly stupid, I have been shown cars without the real owner being aware, naughty.

R+C
Old 09-04-2007, 08:07 PM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called Michael Rauh, spoke to him on the phone and he said for the past 11 years prior to my purchase he has owned the car and it has never ever been in an accident never a wreck and he never even did any paint work on it (although i recall him telling me he recently put a fresh coat of paint on it when i bought it)
As a Lawyer I would tell you that this is not a good sign. We don't make any confusion on a crucial fact like this.
We enthusiasts are well aware what happened to the chassis 406. I don't recall you mention your engine number (6631279). Have you ever confirm the gearbox number 7831290? The RS cars are full of little details to detect the true original ones, from the simple «thumb» test on the car roof to the front windshield marks.
Ironicly the fake 406 gain a mystic aura and probably worth as much as the original.
I wish you good luck.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:33 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Incidentally, the normal way in Germany is to show the car to prospective purchasers prior to painting it. So you see a lot of cars for sale that have road rash. This makes it easier for the new purchaser to assess exactly what will be done to the car.

Always have these cars scoped, not only does that pick up rust damage but it also shows what has been done.

I would always advice a non-German to have a local expert with them when inspecting a classic car in Germany.

R+C
Old 09-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Mad_AL
Intermediate

They missed the red stitching on the shift ****
Old 09-06-2007, 07:39 AM
hammerwerfer
Racer

Im gutted...as it turns out...the 73 RS I purchased was a fake...it has the real numbers stamped all over but upon closer inspection by porsche....its been rebodied...now the investigation starts...
I am sorry to hear this. I can assure you that most replicas are just as much, if not more, fun to drive, if that is any consolation at all.

I hope your investigation leads to the prosecution of the fraudster.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Ritesh
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, That is really depressing news. Hope you get it resolved.

Your 997 Still looks great though.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Pesto360
Intermediate

Thanks for being so supportive guys. I will continue all of my updates here. The rennlist community seems to be much nicer and welcoming. That Pelican message board is just full of hate not really my cup of tea. This week I will make more progress and start a new thread on rennlist with all the facts and where I am with it. I will put a post on this thread as well so anyone interested will know where the new information will be.

They did miss the red stitching on the shift ****!! I actually requested and ordered it with red stitching. It must have been lost somewhere in the shuffle. Turns out it wasnt on the final build so i wasnt billed for it. I cannot complain and didnt have the heart to after the lengths the Porsche factory went to for me with all the exclusive options and custom paint etc etc.. All I can say is, after my experience with the european delivery and especially with Porsche Classic restoration center, they have a customer for life. (Ill even force it on the kids) There will be at least a few generations after me of dedicated porsche owners.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:14 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

glad to hear you got on with guys at the restauration centre - I happen to know they a request for a 904 would raise a smile or two...

R+C
Old 09-09-2007, 05:46 PM
kilodawg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pesto,

I posted this to you on Pelican but wanted to place it here as well in case you gave up over there. It's not a lot but it's the best I can do. My friend spends significant time in Florida during the winter so there would be ample opportunity to meet him in person. He regularly attends the Sebring HSR and I know will be going to the Rennsport Reunion.

"Thanks for the great summary. It helped me track the story much better. I can only offer you a friends potential help.

He is a retired gentleman who lives just outside of Stuttgart but also has a winter place in Fort Meyers. He has long standing ties to the factory and I can vouch for this personally since on a visit with him there in June he had several people take a break off the line to come and greet him. Anyway to move forward, he purchased a 356 here in the states last year and shipped it back to Stuttgart. Despite his considerable years of experience he was also "taken" by the seller based on the cars condition. Now my friend actually filed suit in Florida and eventually took the seller to court and reached a settlement he was happy with. My point in telling you all this is that he is a pitbull and does not like to be taken advantage of. Money wasn't the issue. It was the principle. He also has a lot of contacts in the Porsche community in Germany. I think he could be of assistance to you in a number of ways. He is also a great guy..I'm sure any help he might be able to provide would be strictly done for free in order to see that another cheat was brought to justice..

If any of this sounds like it might be helpful please PM me and I'll contact him and then try to put the two of you in touch. It might be good to have a man on the ground for you in Germany.

Ralph"
Old 09-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Pesto360
Intermediate

Default Here is a Video of my GT3RS after euro delivery

GT3RS in Prague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oApuF...eature=channel

And also me in the CGT at Homestead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpz96UxNOHQ
Old 09-09-2009, 12:59 PM
shanepotter