Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 05:10 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ORIGINAL RS SEATS..SELL OR NOT?

I'm going for the gusto and putting in the clubsport package. (will post some pics when done...friday or sat) Should I keep the original seats with the car or sell them? If I keep them, what's the best way to store them? Thanks fellas!

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 07-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sell them. The clubsport seats are the only correct seats for the GT3 so the "original" seats don't mean **** in the future.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:15 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll get more money down the road by putting them back in the car later and selling the clubsport seats separately. Wrap them in plastic and place them in a spot where they won't be crushed. If you don't care about this then just get rid of them
Old 07-25-2007, 06:18 PM
TTRob
Instructor

I would think about keeping them. Street cars with comp style seats aren't as resale-able. They raise a flag with many dealers because a lot of prospective buyers aren't really comfortable in them or just don't fit into them.

An RS buyer will likely be an ultra-enthusiast car guy, but the RS is a street car and can be used on the road quite comfortably... they may want a normal seat. Actually, I think the used RS market will attract just as many collector type guys who aren't gonna take the car to the track much anyway, just drive it around, take it to shows, etc. This may be unfortunate to some of us, but it could be the reality.

In a private sale situation, you can always offer the extra seats to the buyer. If you're trading the car to a dealer who doesn't want the club-sport seats, you can always sell them... I'm sure they'll sell quite easily. My $.02
Old 07-25-2007, 06:21 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Originally Posted by SrfCity
You'll get more money down the road by putting them back in the car later and selling the clubsport seats separately. Wrap them in plastic and place them in a spot where they won't be crushed. If you don't care about this then just get rid of them
Are you serious - if you add the "Clubsport" package per the euro order guide you will only add value to your GT3 or RS.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:27 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just store them and if you ever sell and future buyer doesn't want the bucket seats, they'll sell like cupcakes on this forum.Just throw a plastic bag over and make sure nothing is stored over (no added weight).
Old 07-25-2007, 06:33 PM
hammerwerfer
Racer

Blow them out now. Put in the real seats. Anyone who wants the Barcaloungers will be going for a turbo anyway.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SrfCity
+1
Looks like they will be like the 993 sport seats, an option for around 1k for both, now selling for 4-5k. Once they stop making the RS seats down the road I'm sure the price will go nuts...
Old 07-25-2007, 09:28 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

Probabley not worth much now, so just store them in safe place. I plan on doing the same and then decide what to do when I sell the RS.
Boyd
Old 07-25-2007, 09:42 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3cup98
Probabley not worth much now, so just store them in safe place. I plan on doing the same and then decide what to do when I sell the RS.
Boyd
Sell the RS?????????????

But, seriously, sounds like good advice guys. I think I'll keep them and shrink wrap them in plastic. When and if they come out with the next RS version, the next guy might want the original equipment.

Quick Reply: ORIGINAL RS SEATS..SELL OR NOT?