Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Aquaplaning in a GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:16 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

what is rain?

lol, even with its traffic, smog, and outrageous real estate, gotta be happy to be in socal ;-)

That being said, i got first hand experience driving in the rain during my euro delivery. it was not even 5 minutes after the car left the delivery center and the rain came pouring down. didn't stop for 2 days! spent my first track day in the rain on the GP circuit at the nurburgring the very next day! at least the drainage was good and it was only slighly moderate rain at times.

the 2 weeks it rains here in LA though i'm just leaving the GT3 in the garage. not worried so much about me but all the people in their suvs talking on their phones and doing lots of other crazy things other than driving that are clueless enough w/o the roads getting slick with a little rain.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:27 PM
porkernut
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys remember it depends how worn the tires were, the cups start with 5mm of tread (8mm on standard tyres), so fine when new-ish in standing water, but as they wear the problem grows, so just be aware........................................... these tires may well bite once worn!!!

Quick Reply: Aquaplaning in a GT3