Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Could the simple solution to understeer be the right one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by va122
Seriously? TO MAKE MONEY!
Do you mean that when they added flares to the front and rear the 996 gt3 rs going from one year to the next of the tuner gp, is wasn't for lower lap times, it was just to get another thing to sell? I don't understand.

When they did their job on the 7RS, they didn't make it wider in the rear because it was wide enough, they only widened the front. Coincidentally, isn't this what Porsche is doing with the 7.2 RS?

I mean of course they want to make money, but if it's by doing well thought out performance upgrades with real benefits, what's wrong with that? Don't you have their exhaust (alright it's really RS tuning, but still)?

Last edited by Yargk; 05-23-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:49 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may be right, and I do like their stuff,

I don't know if i subscribe to the increased rolling stock front and rear. They also have a ridiculously modified suspension.

But so do I and I'll go toe to toe with any 6 or 7 with 245/305 any day of the week.

I'm good friends with the cargraphics distributor i'll ask him and report back.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:31 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by va122

I'm good friends with the cargraphics distributor i'll ask him and report back.
Cool, I'm interested.

btw ever post pictures of your car? Seems like you have quite the setup. Someday I'd like a tweaked 6gt3 in the garage.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:09 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My planned solution to the understeer is twofold. first 235 in the front is not enough rubber would like to get to 255's in the front. Part two is running a stiffer spring in the rear so you can go back softer on the rear sway. go stiffer on the front sway. this should give the car more balance. I have learned how to deal with the understeer in terms of trailbrake or be breathing off the throttle but as others have said you are going slower under both corrections.

Quick Reply: Could the simple solution to understeer be the right one?