Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

**New** Black GT3 available below MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 03:31 AM
benjy3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People. All the petty talk on these forums about members selling cars at a premium, is uttery juvinile. You all complain about the dealers and their mark up games and allocation wriggling tactics, while at the same time you are fueling the fire by ranting on about private sale mark ups. These cars are made to be driven, and the only way to enjoy them over a normal 911 is to drive them hard. If you can't afford to own and put miles on a GT Porsche and drive it as it was designed (and take the depreciation), then buy a WRX and be happy within your means. The whole Ferrari situation is a sickening joke in as far as you can't even get on a wait list any more for the new models. The market is typically way over sticker and most of the owners are "show boaters". True driving enthusiasts can't even buy the cars to use them as they were designed, because how can one pay $80K over sticker and then take the depreciation on doing $20k miles a year. Leave the Porsche sticker debates alone and buy the cars to drive; put miles on them and wear them out. All this speculation talk, and the complaints about it, is like listening to the Ferrari ****. We can all still order a Porsche GT car with a little pre planning, so let's be happy with that.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:06 AM
naparsei
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Agreed.
I'm up in Santa Fe. I love the Elise, but I'm a bit big for it. Had to settle for an F430 instead.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:51 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by naparsei
I'm up in Santa Fe. I love the Elise, but I'm a bit big for it. Had to settle for an F430 instead.
May I have a ride?
Old 07-26-2007, 01:01 AM
magwheel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by benjy3
People. All the petty talk on these forums about members selling cars at a premium, is uttery juvinile. You all complain about the dealers and their mark up games and allocation wriggling tactics, while at the same time you are fueling the fire by ranting on about private sale mark ups. The market is typically way over sticker and most of the owners are "show boaters". True driving enthusiasts can't even buy the cars to use them as they were designed, because how can one pay $80K over sticker and then take the depreciation on doing $20k miles a year. Leave the Porsche sticker debates alone and buy the cars to drive; put miles on them and wear them out. All this speculation talk, and the complaints about it, is like listening to the Ferrari ****. We can all still order a Porsche GT car with a little pre planning, so let's be happy with that.
Uhhhh..... how come you group everyone that owns a Ferrari into that category? Just because I own a Ferrari doesn't mean I have to be one of those.... does it? I suppose there are Porsche ****, Lamborghini **** and every other manufacturer ****. Yes...? No...? How come if someone doesn't own the same brand car as you, they are titled a '***'!

How about a few definitions as you see it?
show boaters

Ferrari ****

True driving enthusiasts

Your quote: "Buy the cars to drive; put miles on them and wear them out!" In this case, yes you would have a lot of fun and pleasure but then you have nothing to try and recoup some of your original purchase outlay. Right? Magwheel

Quick Reply: **New** Black GT3 available below MSRP