Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

**New** Black GT3 available below MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:15 PM
NSXTC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Believe me Doug, I struggled between the two colors for weeks. I'm still not sure if I'm making the right decision, but look at it this way... My 08 allocation that's already in MFGCNF status for December delivery can still be fully configurable

Yep, somehow, I managed to get 3 GT3s under my name. Maybe put my 08 "allocation only" (not the car) on ebay? lol. Knowing there's only 105 for 08, maybe someone wants to bid to be able to have a chance to order a 08 that's fully configurable at MSRP?
Old 07-01-2007, 05:20 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NSXTC
Plus being a GT3, you would want it to stand out more from the Carreras.
Why? I'm serious, not being a smart a$$; why would you want the GT3 to stand out more?

I just bought an Exige S, and the only option I had was orange because that is all my local dealer had and I really wanted to buy from them. I think it looks fine in orange, but I HATE the attention it gets. An Elise/Exige is bad enough in a town like Albuquerque; but you make it orange or yellow and you don't want to leave the house in it.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:03 AM
NSXTC
Racer

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Why? I'm serious, not being a smart a$$; why would you want the GT3 to stand out more?
Shouldn't you be asking RS owners that question instead? I love the Elise/Exige look and the louder the better because they can get away with it. Same for the GT3 and the RS...they can get away with it. There's tons of 997 Carreras in my area and if I'm going to pay for a GT3, I'd want it to be special and LOUD.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:48 AM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The RS/3 is one of very few cars on the road that can pull off 'loud'. Most cars cannot; a base carrera for instance.

In person, the 3 in yellow and the RS in orange makes other colors look flat. Why put a Lexus hue on such a car?

Parking garage at work, gas stations, random stops, I've had people ask about the car and tell me how cool it is and ask about its performance and how it differs from regular 911s. Not all the time like with the Ferrari, but from time to time. At the track, everyone wanted to sit in it and talk to me about the car. It became the camera's favorite subect that weekend, even in the company of like hardware. Basically, it gets a fair amount of positive attention and very little negative.

Even people at the dealer were amazed at how the car pulled off speed yellow. . . and these are folks who've seen everything.

Everytime I open the garage, I think 'oh yeah, let's roll.' If you don't mind the added attention, then go with the SY.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:42 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

So what happened? Noticed your auction ended prematurely...
Old 07-02-2007, 11:16 PM
SFBayAreaGT3
Intermediate

Don't know if I'm seeing things in the ebay pictures, but the interior looks like the standard (option 28) and not full leather.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:27 PM
NSXTC
Racer

Originally Posted by YA911Fan
So what happened? Noticed your auction ended prematurely...
The last bidder played some ridiculous game on me and bid some outrageous price. I'm going to relist it after ebay clears thing out with him.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:28 PM
NSXTC
Racer

Originally Posted by SFBayAreaGT3
Don't know if I'm seeing things in the ebay pictures, but the interior looks like the standard (option 28) and not full leather.
It's full leather. You can tell by looking at the side doors which only full leather will have alcantara on the sides. If you look closely at the dash, you can see the stiching as well.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:36 AM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Met a guy 2 weeks ago @ my office that had RS orange in a carrera S

Originally Posted by NSXTC
Yeah, just wishfull thinking. Obviously, Porsche had the same thought.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:00 PM
nizmo
3rd Gear

Hey David... are you still interested in giving up your configurable allocation? I'd definitely be interested!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:35 PM
NSXTC
Racer

Originally Posted by nizmo
Hey David... are you still interested in giving up your configurable allocation? I'd definitely be interested!
Hi Nizmo,

Are you refering to my 08 allocation for Dec? I have a buyer interested in it and offered a "fee" to be able to configure the color/options the way he wants at MSRP. I have other people interested as well and also willing to pay a fee. PM me with your contact info and I'll put you down on the list. I'll just go down and see if anyone is serious about it if the other buyer bails out.

I would love to have the 08 since there's only 105 and I believe it'll be more desirable than the 07, but since my other one is coming in August, the immediate satisfaction factor is too great to wait until Dec.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Screw your fee.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:50 PM
NSXTC
Racer

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
Screw your fee.

Little harsh comment w/o knowing the background no? I did not charge the fee, the buyer PM'd me and offered it to me. Same with the others. I did not ask for it, they all wanted it enough that they are willing to pay to get the allocation.

See if you can find a fully specable allocation for MSRP? If you can get it, more power to you. If you can't are you willing to pay a bit to get it?

Furthermore, like the subject of this post states, I had a GT3 I offered as below MSRP!! So screw you!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:25 PM
brianbento
Instructor

NSXTC, WHta is your thought process behind, the 08 will be more desired then an 07? Just because there will be fewer allocations? I think that is a little far fetched to make that statement. I really do not think any one is going to care weahther it is an 07 or a 08. Main point that it is a 997 !!!!! Just my two little cents, and boy oh boy, alot of screwing going on in this thread!!!!! Since i am over here in Iraq, why dont you guys throw a little my way, Very few women to look at..............lol.............
Old 07-13-2007, 03:05 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brianbento
NSXTC, WHta is your thought process behind, the 08 will be more desired then an 07? Just because there will be fewer allocations? I think that is a little far fetched to make that statement. I really do not think any one is going to care weahther it is an 07 or a 08. Main point that it is a 997 !!!!! Just my two little cents, and boy oh boy, alot of screwing going on in this thread!!!!! Since i am over here in Iraq, why dont you guys throw a little my way, Very few women to look at..............lol.............
Spoken like a true '07 owner.

I agree with you, the numbers of 08's vs '07's means nothing. However, the fact that it is one year newer means it should demand a higher price come resale time. It is worth it to pay 1,500 bucks more for the '08 and wait. Or the other side. You wait for the '08 and by the time you get your car and drive it for 6 months, the 997 GT3's are coming down in price and not demanding MSRP for a used one; whereas if you had stayed with the '07 you would not only be driving it now, but might be able to sell it while it's still HOT!

Just drive it and enjoy it; screw resale. There's another one for ya.

Quick Reply: **New** Black GT3 available below MSRP