997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Had Gt3 RS Lost Gt3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007 | 02:47 AM
rop3
Pro

This was Jack Daniels Motors, they assured me the allocation was pulled and there was nothing they could do.

Originally Posted by leif997
Did they ask you if you wanted lubrication before they bent you over?....Please give us the name of your dealer so we can beware in the future....sounds like total BS...were you getting your car at MSRP? if so, that solves the case of the "missing allocation mystery".
Old 06-30-2007 | 02:55 AM
rop3
Pro

Well they said they had one and confirmed all the dates in writing re: production delivery etc.

Made a prelim call to PCNA they did not want to get involved. Should I write to Porsche AG, deal with the liason from PCA dig up some info at the next DE event etc. or plce an ad in Panorama?

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
BLOODY HELL!!!!!! I was not the first at my dealer to put an order in for a GT3 RS but I got mine first, and a friend was second and his car is now at the dealer. The buyer who put his deposit down before me had his salesman royally fak up and not process the order. Buyer raised BLODY HELL with dealer and PCNA, lawsuit threats and all. His black RS showed up last month. Don't take this schit. I highly doubt that PCNA would pull an alocation from a dealer because they for sure know that the car would be already sold and the buyer would be punished for something the dealer did.
And then again, the dealer may not have had an alocation at all.
Old 07-02-2007 | 05:25 PM
Pete Smallwood
Track Day

How can PCNA say they don't want to get involved - if they pulled the allocation as the dealer is implying they are involved. You need to get seriously on the case.

P
Old 07-03-2007 | 12:56 PM
GoFastKindaGuy
Instructor

Porsche AG won't get involved with PCNA. Been there.

PCNA will get with dealers. Been there, too -- but in a negative way.

If I didn't love the cars and respect the designers, I wouldn't deal with any of these SOBs.
Old 07-03-2007 | 01:21 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Fire off an email to Peter Schwarzenbraun, you'll get a response.
Old 07-03-2007 | 01:42 PM
normank
Racer

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Fire off an email to Peter Schwarzenbraun, you'll get a response.
The guy's name is Schwarzenbauer. You might have a better shot with the correct name.
I have seen a number of these posts about the dealer said this and did that, and certainly if the dealer is guilty I'm not going to defend him, but as the stories play out there is often some hidden piece of information that has been omitted in the original telling.
Hope it works out for the buyer.
Old 07-04-2007 | 12:21 PM
rop3
Pro

Well in my case it's all documented via e-mail, so there is clearly a trail of specific information besides the original conditional deposit and the more recent deposit. Nothing was fabricated or misconstrued on my end, hope they realize that.

Who are you suggesting I e-mail?

Originally Posted by normank
The guy's name is Schwarzenbauer. You might have a better shot with the correct name.
I have seen a number of these posts about the dealer said this and did that, and certainly if the dealer is guilty I'm not going to defend him, but as the stories play out there is often some hidden piece of information that has been omitted in the original telling.
Hope it works out for the buyer.
Old 07-04-2007 | 02:03 PM
normank
Racer

Originally Posted by rop3
Well in my case it's all documented via e-mail, so there is clearly a trail of specific information besides the original conditional deposit and the more recent deposit. Nothing was fabricated or misconstrued on my end, hope they realize that.

Who are you suggesting I e-mail?
I have never been in a position or needed to contact anyone at Porsche. I have always had a very easy and pleasant experience with my local dealer. I am not suggesting that "you" did something wrong and if it were me and a dealer unjustly backed out on a firm deal, my hair would be on fire. You have every right to be angry and would be justified in pursuing your case to satisfy your claim. The GM or owner of the dealership would be a good starting point. This forum gets a lot of exposure and I doubt that any dealer would want the negative publicity that something like this can generate. You want to present your case in the best light and get the result you want. Good luck.
Old 08-06-2007 | 01:09 AM
rop3
Pro

Well I am back in line and building the car this week. Thanks for all the support on this.

Originally Posted by normank
I have never been in a position or needed to contact anyone at Porsche. I have always had a very easy and pleasant experience with my local dealer. I am not suggesting that "you" did something wrong and if it were me and a dealer unjustly backed out on a firm deal, my hair would be on fire. You have every right to be angry and would be justified in pursuing your case to satisfy your claim. The GM or owner of the dealership would be a good starting point. This forum gets a lot of exposure and I doubt that any dealer would want the negative publicity that something like this can generate. You want to present your case in the best light and get the result you want. Good luck.
Old 08-06-2007 | 08:25 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Well I am back in line and building the car this week. Thanks for all the support on this.
So what happened?
Old 08-06-2007 | 09:40 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats on the resolution. You will love this car!!
Old 08-06-2007 | 12:22 PM
007GT3
Instructor

Curious to know which dealership.
Old 08-06-2007 | 12:22 PM
lumpking
Instructor

That's what I'm takl'in about!! Way to go.
Old 08-06-2007 | 12:44 PM
frayed
Race Car

That's great to hear. I was just about the pm Peter S's email addy
Old 08-06-2007 | 07:51 PM
rop3
Pro

Never really asked as I am getting what I wanted and glad it's resolved.

Originally Posted by Jon70
So what happened?

Quick Reply: Had Gt3 RS Lost Gt3 RS