08' on order for Jan Delivery!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NSXTC
I have a question regarding dealer mark up...

I put down a deposit and ordered the car knowing that I will get the car at MSRP. There's no way I would have ordered the car knowing that the dealer will not sell for MSRP. Since I'm already in their system for a Dec. build (See first post), can the dealer screw me and decide to mark the car up once it's built/delivered?

I'm just paranoid since there's only 105 3s for 08'. In no way I'm saying that this particular dealer will do it, but can they if they wanted to?
Sadly you wouldn't be the first one screwed up like that.

I hope they don't screw you up & behave like men.

I personally think this whole deal about marking up GT3s (& also RSs) is not for real. I mean it's real and happening but there aren't too many who pay/paid extr and after year or two, the hypa is over, dust settled and the prices are what they should be. I think a lot of those who paid over MSRP are the ones who want to be "first on the block" and they'll move one to next "latest & greatest" after year or two.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:36 AM
NSXTC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone had this happened to them or heard of any instances of this happening? What was the recourse? How can I protect myself now from this happening?
Old 06-09-2007, 11:56 AM
cannga
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a suggestion, I don't know whether it's enough of a proctection (someone please corrects me if I am wrong): The idea is to get something in writing. I don't know if dealer is willing to write you a formal promise at MSRP, but short of that, if you ask by **email**, something to the tune of "I assume this would be sold to me at MSRP, correct?, etc." and the dealer confirms, that is IMHO written evidence and very good proof in favor of you for possible future dispute.

Originally Posted by NSXTC
Has anyone had this happened to them or heard of any instances of this happening? What was the recourse? How can I protect myself now from this happening?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:18 PM
gerkebi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The paperwork I got when I put my money down stated MSRP.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine too (x2)

Quick Reply: 08' on order for Jan Delivery!