Old 05-11-2007, 03:24 PM
John@Fabspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Fabspeed 997 GT3 Exhaust and Intake Products

Fabspeed 997 GT3/ GT3RS Exhaust & Intake Products

Many thanks to all of you that are using the Fabspeed systems and the great feedback we are getting.

There are a few product available for the 997 GT3, depending on your performance levels and use of the car.

1: Fabspeed Maxflo Performance Mufflers with dual Tips
-All 997 GT3 Products 2007+
-Dyno Results show an 8-11+ HP Increase
-Simple bolt-on installation.
-Allows reuse of factory sport button to give the car a dual tone system.
-Complies with factory Porsche warranty and emissions for all 50 states including California.
-Saves 10 lbs from the rear of your GT3 and significantly increases horsepower that you can feel. Strongest and finest high performance exhaust system available for all 997 GT3 / GT3RS cars worldwide.
-14 - 16 gauge T304SS-- Much stronger and better quality and guaranteed to be te finest quality available.
-Superb sports car dual tone sound, throaty and deep at idle and medium speeds. It's docile enough for the wife/girlfriend, but a strong and dramatic sports car sound when you floor it and go up through the gears!
-Optional Semi-Gloss Black Powder Coating to the Fabspeed Dual Tips for an additional $100

-997 GT3 / GT3RS Exhaust Explanation Video available online at Fabspeed.com
-997 GT3 Maxflo Muffler Sport Button On Video available online at Fabspeed.com
-997 GT3 Maxflo Muffler Sport Button Off Video available online at Fabspeed.com

2: Fabspeed Dual Replacement Tips for all factory mufflers
-Simple 10-minute Bolt-on Replacement Tips for Factory Center Muffler
-These are the ultimate and Mirror Polished show car shine. 4.0" (102 mm) double angle mitre cut works of art.
-Optional Semi-Gloss Black Powder Coating to the Fabspeed Dual Tips for an additional $100

3: Fabspeed Sport Headers with 200 cell race cats
-Headers fit all 2007 GT3 cars worlwide
-High quality T304 Stainless steel equal length primary tubes. C.N.C. mandrel bent, computer numerical controlled U.S.A. mandrel bending equipment.
Many other manufactures weld up many little tubes and bends--- Fabspeed header tubes are all 1 piece designed for maximum flow and no restriction.
-Headers come with 200 cell German imported sport race catalytic converters.
-Reduced back pressure and better scavenging. More torque and horsepower across the RPM band.
-F1, AMLS, NASCAR style high velocity merge collectors for maximum scavenging and performance.
-Complies with 50 state emissions and factory Porsche Warranty. No Check Engine light.
-Simple and Easy bolt-on installation. These headers are automotive works of art!

4: Fabspeed High Performance Air Intake System
-All 997 GT3 cars
-GT3 cars gain +14 HP and see DYNO RESULT for all data.Fits all GT3 cars worldwide USA and European models.
-Allows unobstructed airflow to the engine for a MAXIMUM POWER!
-More airflow than any other system available anywhere in the world.
-COLD AIR is force feed to the engine's airfilter by the stock FAN and snorkel. See the photos as the FAN blows cold air directly onto the airfilter and the intake snorkel dumps cold air directly to the filter.
-Easy and Simple to install. CNC air craft machined with T304 Stainless steel drip edge to avoid moisture from hitting the filter.
-Retains stock MASS AIRFLOW sensor plastic grate and location for maximum power and no Check Engine Light.
-More Sports Cup car sound!
-Reuse either stock OEM paper airfilter or use a BMC F1 airfilter. BMC F1 air filters are original equipment for the Ferrari Formula 1 team and Ferrari GT race teams and Porsche Motorsports, Mercedes Benz F1 and GT race teams and AUDI motorsports team. Quality is unsurpassed at BMC F1 air filters.
-Easy to install and complies with emissions and factory Porsche warranty. Saves weight and is the best and most productive upgrade for the GT3.
-997 GT3 / GT3 RS Air Intake Dyno Result Available at Fabspeed.com

The 997 stock 2ndary exhaust is just too quiet and restricting from the factory. With any fabspeed setup the car really wakes up and sounds like it should.

All Parts are built of T304 stainless and polished to a mirror shine. If you haven't seen our parts, try to. They not only make great power and sound, but they are the best looking systems around.

All parts are in stock. We ship internationally as well.

Please contact us for pricing to figure out which system will fit your needs

Ambler, PA 19002

215-646-4945 Phone
215-646-9828 Fax
www.fabspeed.com

Performance for The Next Millenium
Ultimate quality T304 Stainless Steel exhaust systems, Carbon fiber airboxes and DME engine management chips for all cars. Worlds Most Powerful 996TT exhaust systems indepedently PCA club tested.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:50 PM
cladd
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you guys (members) think of the air intake. The exhaus tlooks great, but I just spent 130K for the car.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:17 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

The air intake is going to get lambasted here shortly. The exhaust stuff is nice but watch for the criticism of the airbox. That airbox has been debated to death here (and the 996GT3 board). Some people really want to convince themselves that airbox works but that design would only increase HOT air into the intake. Putting that dyno sheet up does NOTHING to helpl except distort the picture. How many people run down the highway with the rear open and a fan blowing in?
Old 05-11-2007, 07:58 PM
cladd
Racer

Check. Much grass...
Old 05-11-2007, 08:02 PM
cladd
Racer

PS lvdell: That 280Z still kicks *** doesn't it? I'm tepted to say stock plus stiffened suspension, but as i recall it was plenty firm.Maybe just better tires!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:47 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Still going strong! 65K miles, and fun as heck. Some people don't understand how I can walk out to the garage and choose the 280 over the GT3. There is something about that car that just can't be described. I'll never be able to part with it. As my Dad gave it to me, I hope to pass it along to my kid one day. Greatest "connection" car I have ever driven.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:47 AM
jsdkms
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any real world opinions on the air intake unit?
Old 08-18-2007, 12:00 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,236 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by jsdkms
Any real world opinions on the air intake unit?
No users here that I know of. That should give you an idea of how well an unshielded intake has been embraced.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:36 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont waste your money.
The intake does nothing. It the BMC filter that increases the air flow and not fabspeeds so called intake.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:15 AM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Chase, you have an order for the tips. I want them PC in black.
Thanks.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:31 AM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the open air box will be ideal for any application. it gets extremely hot under the engine cover. hot air rises... the open air box is a good way to ingest hot air into the engine and rob it of HP - unless someone can show that Porsche some how channeled the air flow away from the air box area at speeds.

I don't like the idea of oil impregnated air filters. they do allow more air flow but at the expense of being super porous. this subject has been over debated and over analyzed... paper filter is the best IMHO.

George
Old 08-26-2007, 09:39 AM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Question

My RS tips appear to be welded to the backing plate. Does another plate come with the new tips?
Old 08-26-2007, 07:22 PM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

IMO Fabspeed is mostly internet marketing BS bought one of their exhaust systems based on their website video showing the same year make and model car personally narrated by JOE. My car actually lost power owner tried to back pedal convincing me to chip the car etc. which I had already done a real fast talker not much more.

Went to there location to pick up the parts as they agreed, nothing was in stock complete waste of time, the guy runs this business out of his garage, no fabrication there or inventory etc. horrible experience had to keep reminding them and calling just to get the parts then a performance decline of which my mechanic confirmed. Paid the restock fee and was done with it. BEWARE

Last edited by rop3; 08-26-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:32 PM
jsdkms
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To Joe at Fabspeed - I am still awaiting testimonials or contact info from the peolple you say are using your intake setup as you promiised !
Old 08-27-2007, 02:28 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

No reply.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed 997 GT3 Exhaust and Intake Products