Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PCCB Availability

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:56 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Of course, we'll know for sure PCCBs are ready for prime time when Porsche puts them on the Cayenne and the Panamera.
Don't think you will ever see them on the Cayenne... First, they are a fair bit more fragile than steel, so a wayward stone as your forraging in the mountains would make for a pretty crappy trip home. Also, notice that Cayenne brakes are not drilled. This in on purpose, as the engineers felt that there was a small but real likelyhood that if one is off road and something go logged in the hole, it could cause damage to the rotor and the caliper. That said, Porsches PCCB technology required the holes for cooling.

As for the Panamera, well I guess its a possabiity? You can get ceramic brakes for a S8, so why not a Panamera. That said, why would I want a Panamera when I can have an S8???

Originally Posted by srfcity
Hmm, sounds like maybe they're in some financial trouble. Why wouldn't P have a couple of back up suppliers? Not too sure how many other CCB manufacturers there are.

You might want to take another look at the stock before you make that assumption. If they have, they seem like they have gotten past them.. I will let people assume what they want, but debt upgrades, refi's and new manufacturing facilites are not typically signs of business that is hurting...For those that care, they have an ADR ticker: SGG, though not for long.

They do mention a production issue in the carbon fiber plant in their latest release....

http://www.sglcarbon.com/ir/press/pr...ws/070425.html

Last edited by yetis; 05-07-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by yetis
Don't think you will ever see them on the Cayenne... First, they are a fair bit more fragile than steel, so a wayward stone as your forraging in the mountains would make for a pretty crappy trip home. Also, notice that Cayenne brakes are not drilled. This in on purpose, as the engineers felt that there was a small but real likelyhood that if one is off road and something go logged in the hole, it could cause damage to the rotor and the caliper. That said, Porsches PCCB technology required the holes for cooling.

As for the Panamera, well I guess its a possabiity? You can get ceramic brakes for a S8, so why not a Panamera. That said, why would I want a Panamera when I can have an S8???

You might want to take another look at the stock before you make that assumption. If they have, they seem like they have gotten past them.. I will let people assume what they want, but debt upgrades, refi's and new manufacturing facilites are not typically signs of business that is hurting...For those that care, they have an ADR ticker: SGG, though not for long.

They do mention a production issue in the carbon fiber plant in their latest release....

http://www.sglcarbon.com/ir/press/pr...ws/070425.html
What's the scoop on the ADR?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

as a general rule, I am cautious about ADRs when I see a lot of trading volume prior to major changes in trends, unless of course my broker was in Frankfurt, in which case I'd ask him how many he bought/sold.

My brake guy is still not issuing invoices when he supplies CC rotors

R+C
Old 05-07-2007, 04:47 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
What's the scoop on the ADR?
I apologize, it is not an ADR. Rather, they are just trying to fully de-list from the NYSE on account of the high costs of adhering to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements in the USA. Not the first and won't be the last.

Regardless, doesn't look they are going under and yes, there is some sort of manufacturing problem (This is not investment advice).

Quick Reply: PCCB Availability