Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

brk fluid capacity

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
frafoss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

......but you can't flush it yourself, you need to take it to Christian to cycle the ABS into service mode to flush it, otherwise, you're not getting 100% fresh stuff through to the back of the pistons and the whole value of the SRF is wet boiling-point, otherwise you should use Motul which is almost the same dry point and far cheaper.

Is this the same for all modern Porches, that you can't flush the brakefluid youreself? Is as Porsche dealer the only option? I have flushed my self several times because I have never heard this before. My car is as 997 S with PCCB
Old 01-12-2008, 11:34 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by frafoss
Is this the same for all modern Porches, that you can't flush the brakefluid youreself? Is as Porsche dealer the only option? I have flushed my self several times because I have never heard this before. My car is as 997 S with PCCB
For what it's worth, I used SRF to flush my 7S with PCCBs when the car had 200 miles on it, and I've bled it with SRF probably three or four times since then, every time using a Motive power bleeder. Fluid fade has never been an issue for me - pad fade with stock PCCB pads, yes - but never fluid fade.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:57 PM
frafoss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
For what it's worth, I used SRF to flush my 7S with PCCBs when the car had 200 miles on it, and I've bled it with SRF probably three or four times since then, every time using a Motive power bleeder. Fluid fade has never been an issue for me - pad fade with stock PCCB pads, yes - but never fluid fade.
Thanks for you answer.

When you say that you bled, do you just remove a part of the fluid and add new, or do you replace the whole system with new fluid?

In a other post, I see that you recommend a other pad then stock for the PCCB. What type is this, whats your experience and how is the wear at the rotors?

Quick Reply: brk fluid capacity