Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Just picked up the GT3RS in Stuttgart

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:33 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Just picked up the GT3RS in Stuttgart

I took the train to Stuttgart last Thursday to pick up my new toy. What a blast to drive! Hard to keep the revs down on the Autobahn. I got it in orange with PCCB, Xenons and painted nipples. The sport seats are actually quite good! I will keep it in Europe for three months (I will stay 3 more weeks) with a final 2 weeks sometime in June.

I also took the factory tour and saw a black RS with orange accents being assembled. It had steel brakes and red calipers. Looked really strange, the red does not go with the black car and orange wheels. Is that how the calipers come with steel brakes or did I see a unique order?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Yellow does not go with the orange either.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:46 PM
teamb2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats - let us know when it get home to Lamorinda.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:57 PM
A430v
Racer

Yup...steel brakes, red calipers...PCCBs, yellow calipers. Congrats...and post pix when you can!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:35 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats on your car. Great options and color

Now tease us a little and compare it to the Stradale!

Enjoy your trip!

Mine is on the boat, and NO! You can't drive it while you are waiting for yours to get back to the US.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:59 PM
tdf360
Pro

Sounds like a blast. I too am waiting for the Stradale comparo...

Gary
Old 04-10-2007, 03:31 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

Congratulations on the RS.

That Black one sounds like a clone of mine.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:13 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm
Congrats on your car. Great options and color

Now tease us a little and compare it to the Stradale!

Enjoy your trip!

Mine is on the boat, and NO! You can't drive it while you are waiting for yours to get back to the US.
Need more miles in the RS to make a comparison with the CS. I am trying to go to the Hockenheimring and get a few laps in, will report back!

Colm come on, you know I am easy on my friends cars but no worries, I will have my 993TT back when I get back home fresh with a 3.8 twin plug built by the Porsche guru Dieter (Andial)
Old 04-10-2007, 02:06 PM
SidewaysSid
Track Day

Originally Posted by porschemeister
I took the train to Stuttgart last Thursday to pick up my new toy. What a blast to drive! Hard to keep the revs down on the Autobahn. I got it in orange with PCCB, Xenons and painted nipples. The sport seats are actually quite good! I will keep it in Europe for three months (I will stay 3 more weeks) with a final 2 weeks sometime in June.

I also took the factory tour and saw a black RS with orange accents being assembled. It had steel brakes and red calipers. Looked really strange, the red does not go with the black car and orange wheels. Is that how the calipers come with steel brakes or did I see a unique order?
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Collecting mine on 4th June from factory. Then making our way across to Spa-Franchochamps GP circuit in Belgium for 6th/7th June to meet up with huge UK contingent of Porsches (lots of GT3's and GT3 RS's). You are welcome to come along and join us. Look for large group of GT3's and say hello.

Will only go on track if it quietens off on the second day and then just for photographs....hmmm and a gentle bit of running in!

Spec - Orange/Black, Bi-Xenon, PCCB, centre console in Orange, etc,etc.[/
FONT]
Old 04-10-2007, 05:19 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

jochen, congrats.
eric schaefer told me about your euro delivery just yesterday.
can't wait to hear some feedback from ya.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
AsianBond
Rennlist Member

also picked up mine black/orange rs from stuttgart last wednesday, it also has the steel brakes with red calipers.

an amazing car, feels much more planted and stable than cs, brillant suspension development by porsche
Old 04-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Steve N.
Racer

I'm starting to feel some anticipation too - mine got built much faster than I expected. It seems like I only placed my order in February or so (can't remember the exact date) and it's on the boat now. We are lucky in Houston - our P-cars are shipped directly to the port here now, so we get them pretty quickly once they are shipped.

Mine is pretty close to what seems to be a generic RS: orange, PCCB's, bi-zenons, orange console, a little bit of carbon, standard leather, leather steering wheel, that's about it. Still don't expect to see too many like it on the road.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:25 AM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SidewaysSid
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Collecting mine on 4th June from factory. Then making our way across to Spa-Franchochamps GP circuit in Belgium for 6th/7th June to meet up with huge UK contingent of Porsches (lots of GT3's and GT3 RS's). You are welcome to come along and join us. Look for large group of GT3's and say hello.

Will only go on track if it quietens off on the second day and then just for photographs....hmmm and a gentle bit of running in!

Spec - Orange/Black, Bi-Xenon, PCCB, centre console in Orange, etc,etc.[/
FONT]
SidewaysSid
We were speaking on Rennteam a while back. Will you be taking the factory tour before picking up your car?
Rich
Old 04-11-2007, 12:33 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jochen...you need to bring it down to LA....of course I'll want a white knuckler w/you up on Mullholland!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:35 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

forgot to ask...did you get the "sport" seats that you currently can't get here in US?

Quick Reply: Just picked up the GT3RS in Stuttgart