Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Market for Carrara White 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:29 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersparker
I am actively in the market for a car at this time. I started looking at NICE 996 GT3's, and eventually the 997's .....I'll let you know what the outcome is...
BTW: your avitar is very distracting......
i was just kidding w/ stoppie!
you can find new gt3's at msrp w/ a little patience.
stoppie being a salesperson will probably tell you otherwise!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:06 PM
turbo187
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you consider PCCB too highly optioned?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
mrmckay
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stedge
at this point most "used" seem to be going a little over sticker once a few hundred miles go on and they are flipped. In some hot markets, throusands over. But my sense (and I am not in the market for one or anyting, just watching) is that prices are coming down already. RSs were at an ask of 200k a few weeks ago, and now down to 185 and lower. There have been GT3s posted here at MSRP from dealers when people dropped spots. So the price will come down some soon enough.

no flames, please - just my humble opinion.
Are people actually paying 185-200k for an RS? I realize that people are asking those prices but is anyone really buying at those prices?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by icon
i'm not!
could you verse me?

LOL- jerk!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by icon
i was just kidding w/ stoppie!
you can find new gt3's at msrp w/ a little patience.
stoppie being a salesperson will probably tell you otherwise!

LOL- I know bud!

Actually we sold ours at MSRP. I think paying more then MSRP on this car would be a little stupid- UNLESS you 1000% plan on keeping the car longer then say, 4 or 5 years. But even then, it shouldn't be excessive. I saw someone here is selling theirs- but you have to pay their sales tax too. I think that's total BS and that's their cost of doing business. I really don't feel that's the market on that car.

I stand pat @ or slightly above MSRP for GT3. Otherwise, I'd wait another month or so. See what shakes out....

that's my educated .02 cents!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by mrmckay
Are people actually paying 185-200k for an RS? I realize that people are asking those prices but is anyone really buying at those prices?

Quite simply. Yes.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Boulder GT3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
LOL- I know bud!

Actually we sold ours at MSRP. I think paying more then MSRP on this car would be a little stupid- UNLESS you 1000% plan on keeping the car longer then say, 4 or 5 years. But even then, it shouldn't be excessive. I saw someone here is selling theirs- but you have to pay their sales tax too. I think that's total BS and that's their cost of doing business. I really don't feel that's the market on that car.

I stand pat @ or slightly above MSRP for GT3. Otherwise, I'd wait another month or so. See what shakes out....

that's my educated .02 cents!
I have not followed the ups and downs of the GT3 pricing so I may be off. That said, I was at a fairly small dealer this afternoon and they had two slots available with cars being built in May. MSRP on either one. 4 months ago the unobtanium story was being delivered.

Not a "here and now" situation but I think it indicates that you should be able to buy one at MSRP. The dealers aren't stupid, they know when that first shot of customers that aren't price sensitive is getting used up.

Last edited by Boulder GT3; 04-10-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:30 PM
mrmckay
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Quite simply. Yes.
I figured the inflated prices was just dealer hype. At those prices I might sell my RS which should be here in May.

Regards,
Chris
Old 04-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by mrmckay
I figured the inflated prices was just dealer hype. At those prices I might sell my RS which should be here in May.

Regards,
Chris
No its not hype- but I wouldn't sell the RS just because of that. Drive the stupid thing would ya?!

You could easily drive it for a season, and sell it for close to MSRP or full sticker. IMO.

Originally Posted by Boulder GT3
I have not followed the ups and downs of the GT3 pricing so I may be off. That said, I was at a fairly small dealer this afternoon and they had two slots available with cars being built in May. MSRP on either one. 4 months ago the unobtanium story was being delivered.

Not a "here and now" situation but I think it indicates that you should be able to buy one at MSRP. The dealers aren't stupid, they know when that first shot of customers that aren't price sensitive is getting used up.

MSRP is a fair makert value for that car. Turbo's are still going for sticker- almost a full year out of the box.

Quick Reply: Market for Carrara White 997 GT3