Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Buy on Thursday, Track on Friday..

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:22 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. I was thinking of doing some autox massive throttle lifts to see if the biotch will come around, and if so, how quick. Contrast w/ and w/o TC on. Nothing scientific.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:32 PM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

I've had the dealer do a full Alignment check before I took delivery of it. I just didn't go straight to the track trusting the PDA that they usually do. It was spot-on.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Interesting. I was thinking of doing some autox massive throttle lifts to see if the biotch will come around, and if so, how quick. Contrast w/ and w/o TC on. Nothing scientific.
I take you have a 997 now. Perhaps it's time to update your .sig and that grotesque avatar, it's been an eyesore here for too long!

You're right, it's nothing scientific, but you'll learn a lot. And the folks at the aucocross will get a laugh out of the rich guy's whip (or more ways than one.) And there's just so little actual run time in an autocross. Better to hold up a liquor store at gun point and use the car chase to experiment.

Without TC on, you've got exactly the same character as the 996 GT3, with a tad more traction and more weight. More is less.

With TC, you've got the question mark in your mind (since you won't see the yellow TC flickering unless you're silly enough to take your eyes off the game, so you'll need to set up the in-car video camera to capture the dash as best you can. I find a helmet cam is the easiest way, just angle it down. That also lets you record the police brutality once that chase ends.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:41 PM
frayed
Race Car

yeah, need some new artwork. . . though Nick has been with me for years. I'll find an empty parking lot, preferably sans video cameras, and see what some lifts do.

Quick Reply: Buy on Thursday, Track on Friday..