Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Anyone Else Still Struggling - H/T

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:47 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone Else Still Struggling - H/T

Is anyone else with PCCBs still struggling with heel/toe on street?

Gotta admit I'am struggling...and that even after I replaced the stock pedals with the ones from Carnewal (996 model Alum with black ruber studs). The problem I'm encountering is when light braking on street, am unable to roll right foot to blip throttle without added braking pressure in which case the car just almost dead stops. Hard braking H/T is no problem since the brake pedal travels enough to allow a comfortable roll of the foot and throttle blip.

Anyone here found a proficient way? Thanks...

P.S. No H/T problems...rather silky smooth...with similar pedals and PCCBs on my 996 Turbo S.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:18 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am!
Trying to practice in every stop. While I am rolling to a stop, clutch engaged, I try to maintain 3000 rpm (steady) until I completely stop. I think I am getting better at modulating the brake!
It is a problem!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Jewels
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed pedal and extension from rennline.com last week...it makes life very easy...if more adjustability is needed they have a petal thickness increaser...I did not need it.
Heel toe forever.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:46 AM
surfingbuddhist
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drove my friends new GT3 with PCCB and found the same problem on the street. But after a day at the track by him, the brake feels more bedded in now and less "grabby" on the street, esp. at slower speeds. Hope that helps.....
Old 03-29-2007, 10:25 AM
sasportas
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Heel Toe

I'm picking up my GT3 this week from Princeton Porsche - I'd be more than happy to show you how I achieve the best pedal orientation. Also, I use a different technique for slow speed versus higher speed (more break pedal depression). First, I only use the gas pedal from Rennline. I mount the pedal off center witht he toe portion 7-9mm closer to the brake pedal than the heel portion of gas pedal. For high speed downshifts I use the traditional double-de-clutch method (tried and true - I used to race Skip Barber formula cars without any synchros). Next, for slow speed downshifts, I use the "regular" heel/toe technique and use my toes to blip the throttle with the clutch depressed. Works every time. With the double de-clutch technique, you blip the throtte with the car in neutral and the clutch disengaged - much harder to time if slow speeds and limitted brake pedal travel.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:43 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sasportas
I'm picking up my GT3 this week from Princeton Porsche - I'd be more than happy to show you how I achieve the best pedal orientation. Also, I use a different technique for slow speed versus higher speed (more break pedal depression). First, I only use the gas pedal from Rennline. I mount the pedal off center witht he toe portion 7-9mm closer to the brake pedal than the heel portion of gas pedal. For high speed downshifts I use the traditional double-de-clutch method (tried and true - I used to race Skip Barber formula cars without any synchros). Next, for slow speed downshifts, I use the "regular" heel/toe technique and use my toes to blip the throttle with the clutch depressed. Works every time. With the double de-clutch technique, you blip the throtte with the car in neutral and the clutch disengaged - much harder to time if slow speeds and limitted brake pedal travel.
I have no problems with the technique...just that the height diff between brake and gas pedals at slow speeds/light braking makes it difficult for me to effectively blip the throttle with the right toes/side of foot. I too just ordered the Rennline gas pedal with the toe extension.

BTW, is yours the white GT3 I saw at Princeton Porsche yesterday? That's where I got mine and the guys there do all the work on my cars. Cheers!

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Still Struggling - H/T