Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 IN CRASH IN CALIFORNIA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts
Default GT3 IN CRASH IN CALIFORNIA?

Has anyone else heard about a fatal GT3 crash in northern California over the weekend? I hope it is not true.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:05 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's true. here's a link.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/340649-bay-area-p-car-driver-died-saturday.html

check the other links on the thread too.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:07 PM
dan360
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was kept quiet as long as possible on fchat (and I assume here also) until his significant other had a chance to post. See here for the link to that. Not sure if she's planning to post here.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144181
Old 03-27-2007, 06:23 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

That is just horrible. We had quite the thread in the recent years about his car and wreck/motor problems and then repairs, etc.. so when I saw the pictures in the other boards thread my heart sank.

I just hate to see something like this happen in our community. God bless his significant other "Gail" and may God bless his soul and may he RIP.

For those that keep statistics on the GT3 cars:
Not to sound insensitive after reading her ("Gail") post about her boyfriends "beautiful black GT3 porsche", but for those counting production numbers, totalled ones, etc., his car was not a GT3 but rather a 99C4 with misc aero parts, stickers, and badging, etc.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:21 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LVDell

For those that keep statistics on the GT3 cars:
Not to sound insensitive after reading her ("Gail") post about her boyfriends "beautiful black GT3 porsche", but for those counting production numbers, totalled ones, etc., his car was not a GT3 but rather a 99C4 with misc aero parts, stickers, and badging, etc.
Slightly ghoulish I admit, but to some...

However, this is why you NEVER NEVER NEVER try to prove something to yourself or others on a public road. As sad as this is, it would be even sorrier if some schmuck was coming around the corner with his kids and caught a "GT-3" or whatever in his grille.

Be PO'ed at me if you want, but street racing may or may not be slightly more dangerous than DUI.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:28 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yikes! this sucks...be careful out there guys!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:18 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by allegretto
Slightly ghoulish I admit, but to some...

However, this is why you NEVER NEVER NEVER try to prove something to yourself or others on a public road. As sad as this is, it would be even sorrier if some schmuck was coming around the corner with his kids and caught a "GT-3" or whatever in his grille.

Be PO'ed at me if you want, but street racing may or may not be slightly more dangerous than DUI.
I for one am not PO'd by somebody speaking their mind about the realities of this. You can feel horribly about what happened, wish the family the best, and offer your condolences that he may RIP but at the same time be able to highlight how dangerous some of the activities that engaged in when poeple get behind the wheel and explore the limits of the car on public roads. Hopefully everybody files this in their memory bank and learns from it. I for one don't want to hear about another P-Car "brother" passing away so senselessly. Obviously it will happen again but if the numbers can be decreased by learning from these events then maybe it isn't all in vain.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:50 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

I for one am not PO'd by somebody speaking their mind about the realities of this. You can feel horribly about what happened, wish the family the best, and offer your condolences that he may RIP but at the same time be able to highlight how dangerous some of the activities that engaged in when poeple get behind the wheel and explore the limits of the car on public roads. Hopefully everybody files this in their memory bank and learns from it. I for one don't want to hear about another P-Car "brother" passing away so senselessly. Obviously it will happen again but if the numbers can be decreased by learning from these events then maybe it isn't all in vain.
Good point. We all have to be reminded of the dangers. RIP fellow enthusiast.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:59 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

+1

And to be sure we're all guilty of the same from time to time. Just another reminder to myself, and hopefully a serious one, to leave speed on the track.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:12 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Well said Bobby. Hopefully things like this serve as a wake-up call for most if not at least some.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:13 PM
frayed
Race Car

Not much to add. I mean no disrespect, but I live in a world where a person should accept the consequences of his actions.

RIP.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Well put Dell.

Scott
Old 03-28-2007, 02:57 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

What I don't get is that I can't see the roll-bars at the back in the remains of the car where the roof was, cut open?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Eric Ondoy
Advanced

Thanks for the reminder that the street IS NOT the track!!! well said Bobby-we need to be safe when our adrenelin wants to take over. May God grant eternal rest to his soul.

Be safe guys-Godspeed!!
997 tt
07' GT3 RS-black with orange-on the boat
07' GT3 RS-pumkin orange-pending completion date
Old 03-28-2007, 08:58 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
What I don't get is that I can't see the roll-bars at the back in the remains of the car where the roof was, cut open?
Here is a picture from that day that was posted a priori to the accident.....it did have a rollbar. Maybe it was removed by rescue?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: GT3 IN CRASH IN CALIFORNIA?