Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

I was wrong, you guys were right

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007 | 03:40 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Sorry, but this is hardly definitive.
You started this thread by saying, "Sorry guys, I was wrong you were right" - sounding pretty definitive - but your guy seems to only be saying that yes there may be 08 cars - which may be true - but they aren't over and above the 229 + 30 VIP cars....

When officially someone says 229 + 30 I take it as thats it.

To me this bantering back and forth with RS no RS is like believing in Elvis' death was a hoax, as was the lunar landing.

Again, get a definitve answer on whether there will be RS allocations ABOVE the 259 cars - until then, we are only building a complicated conspiracy threory for no reason.

That's how rumours get started, and so far that's all I see in this.
Old 03-29-2007 | 04:01 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RR
Sorry, but this is hardly definitive.
You started this thread by saying, "Sorry guys, I was wrong you were right" - sounding pretty definitive - but your guy seems to only be saying that yes there may be 08 cars - which may be true - but they aren't over and above the 229 + 30 VIP cars....

To me this bantering back and forth with RS no RS is like believing in Elvis' death was a hoax, as was the lunar landing.

Again, get a definitve answer on whether there will be RS allocations ABOVE the 259 cars - until then, we are only building a complicated conspiracy threory for no reason.

That's how rumours get started, and so far that's all I see in this.
I don't know how to be more specific, please read my previous posts, I thought I made that obvious, but here goes;

NO I am not talking about the initial 259 cars, I am talking about a production run in addition to the current one. This was the thrust of my conversation with the source and we were both speaking of the same thing without a doubt.

Until Porsche re-states their position, this will (by definition) be a "rumor". However, too many folks have heard the same "rumor" Further, these are not peripheral hangers-on, but long-term Porschephiles with connections into some circles.

If you wish to believe it is wrong, go right ahead, that's the beauty of free-market.

But please don't re-frame what we are saying. Several of us here have some back-channel info, that may or may not be correct, but is nonetheless relevant to the discussion.
Old 03-29-2007 | 04:06 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

i dont get it. why does it matter.
if you have an allocation, take the car, who cares what MY (unless of course 2008 is 600hp and sub 2500lbs, then i will fly to germany and burn the factory down myself).

the 08 car, if exists, would be great for those enthusiasts who wanted one but weren't alloted one. the extra cars would also stop the bidding frenzy.
Old 03-29-2007 | 04:10 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

RR, there will be more cars.
Old 03-29-2007 | 04:11 PM
normank
Racer

"unambiguously non-denying" Priceless.
Old 03-29-2007 | 04:38 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by normank
"unambiguously non-denying" Priceless.
Must be difficult, huh?
Old 03-29-2007 | 04:42 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RR
It's been demonstrated time and time again that, regardless of model, Porsche's "official" word, whether production numbers, pricing, specifications, etc., is subject to change.
Old 03-29-2007 | 04:44 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mooty
i dont get it. why does it matter.
if you have an allocation, take the car, who cares what MY (unless of course 2008 is 600hp and sub 2500lbs, then i will fly to germany and burn the factory down myself).
classic, I love that quote.

Ok so you guys are saying there will be more cars above 259.

How many?
Old 03-29-2007 | 05:24 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Guys:

Historically, at least in the not so distant past, must of GT cars (CGT, GT2, GT3, RS?) have not been able to keep up their value. You can actually hear of some Fcar owners bragging about it when comparing to Pcars.

Could this be PAG trying to shorten supply in order to get a better image, in terms of value, for some of their products?
Old 03-29-2007 | 05:25 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RR
classic, I love that quote.

Ok so you guys are saying there will be more cars above 259.

How many?

i dont know how many more cars or any at all.
they can make 5000 more cars, that wont affect me. i'll get one, drive it, move on.
Old 03-29-2007 | 05:38 PM
normank
Racer

Originally Posted by allegretto
Must be difficult, huh?
Indeed.
Old 03-29-2007 | 06:36 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Damn, this is a silly post. I don't get the venom of people against a guy that posts something. Flame him if there's not going to be more allocated. But then I don't know the history between the various posters.

If we go simply on the history and past behavior of Porsche, they will produce more. If somehow they have deviated from their past philosophy and go the Fcar route, that would indeed be news and make the existing owners of the RS very lucky indeed.
Old 03-30-2007 | 01:20 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Porsche will make as many Rs cars as they can sell, trust me. They were just testing the waters, didn't want another GT2/CGT sales situation. While demand is strong, so will the production of the RS cars. I never doubted for a minute that they would start cranking out '08's after they saw the apparent high demand for the '07 cars.
Old 03-30-2007 | 09:12 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Why can't we all get along? Who really knows whether Porsche will produce an '08 or even an '09? This is a forum and I'm sure if we were all in a room together tossing back drinks, we would all get along. We are all the same, just fast car fanatics.

The real question is, will the Finn get one?
Old 03-30-2007 | 09:23 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
Why can't we all get along? Who really knows whether Porsche will produce an '08 or even an '09? This is a forum and I'm sure if we were all in a room together tossing back drinks, we would all get along. We are all the same, just fast car fanatics.

The real question is, will the Finn get one?

They'll produce one and eventually I will. I'm thinking of getting the 6 GT3 first since I can't even imagine the *** hauling possibilities with the 7...
(ok, the real reasin is that the price of those 6 GT3s are just too damn good)

Quick Reply: I was wrong, you guys were right