Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

I was wrong, you guys were right

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 05:41 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A430v
Please post a source, otherwise, why post at all to stir up the pot? Mr. Schwarzenbauer has hinted there will be no '08 RS's as have other high-ranking PCNA officials. Furthermore, my dealer, who wouldn't pass on making a buck, told me there will be no '08 RS's and they're disappointed as well by the news. Would be nice if you could divulge your source rather than leave us hanging. Maybe next time, keep the news to yourself until you can confirm definitively what's going on. A lot of people's hopes are resting on your shoulders.
Hey, I don't expect anyone here to necessarily take what I say with any more weight than I indicated. As you wrote, there are conflicting data points. Up till a very short time ago I believed that there would not be '08's because every "official" Porsche source said no. Being the gulllible, guileless type that I am I took them at their word.

Now I hear something different so I was sharing that just like others here have shared their info. In general I thought the point was to share but if you insist I'll try to "keep it to myself".

However, none of us can "confirm definatively" either way. Why are you in dudgeon over this? It's not a life or death issue, just some guys having fun (well most of us anyhow). Save the scolding for the children.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:02 PM
grussell
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't matter now! I have sunk way too much money into my 997 GT3.

Thanks Porsche!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:05 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
Hey, I don't expect anyone here to necessarily take what I say with any more weight than I indicated. As you wrote, there are conflicting data points. Up till a very short time ago I believed that there would not be '08's because every "official" Porsche source said no. Being the gulllible, guileless type that I am I took them at their word.

Now I hear something different so I was sharing that just like others here have shared their info. In general I thought the point was to share but if you insist I'll try to "keep it to myself".

However, none of us can "confirm definatively" either way. Why are you in dudgeon over this? It's not a life or death issue, just some guys having fun (well most of us anyhow). Save the scolding for the children.

So...who's the source?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:07 PM
icruze
Racer

Would be nice if you could divulge your source rather than leave us hanging. Maybe next time, keep the news to yourself until you can confirm definitively what's going on. A lot of people's hopes are resting on your shoulders.
I, for one, appreciate the information regardless of whether a source is provided. Each person can make their own determination as to whether to believe it or not. If everyone waited until definite confirmation there would be no posts on this topic and we would have a dull forum. I appreciate the speculation whether its from Herman or Mr. Schwarzenbauer.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:14 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by icon
unlike yourself i don't lie or misrepresent or feel the need to constantly boast!
guess i must have upset you though?
you sure did drop down quickly from possible cgt and enzo purchases that you posted frequently about to make sure everyone knew!
now a cgt isnt good enough for you! he! he!
even sold your f430 that you dearly loved the attention it brought even though you pretended otherwise.

why is your "inside info" better than everyone elses?
why did you even bother to post it w/o a source?
oh! i know! attention and to look important!
it's meaningless.
even you admit it's nothing more than "non-denials".
I'll never know (or care) what your pathology is and usually I try to ignore it. Today, maybe it's a full moon, you started your junk with two posts that were unnecessary and I just am not in the mood for your childishness.

What's your fixation? If you don't like me, believe me, it's OK. But to just go on like this...do you read what you write? Didn't your parents tell you?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:33 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by normank
Can't figure out if you should up the dosage or dc the meds. I'm surprised at the venom. This is not OT or Washington, DC. Just a little too self serving. What was the point of the original post?
Meds are fine dood, dosages are all titrated against clinical signs and symptoms. How about yours? And really, I used that line months ago, surely you can do better?

This is some long-running psycho-drama thing with Jeff that he just goes off on me from time to time. 90%+ of the time I ignore it.

But hey, don't believe me, just watch...or read some of his previous epistles.

Don't understand your penultimate line.

As far as the last line; If you read the title of the thread you'll get it. I agree this stuff is a OT and I normally take Jeff's vitreol as occupational hazard

Last edited by allegretto; 03-23-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:34 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by cobrien
Hey Herman,

All things considered, I'd say I have a pretty good guess as to your source. If I'm right, I think I need to get back on the RS waiting list....
Oh, you have a REAL GOOD guess. The "new guy" at the party as they say...

Hey, when you gonna update that avatar and show folks your real ride???
Old 03-23-2007, 07:00 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by allegretto
Oh, you have a REAL GOOD guess. The "new guy" at the party as they say...

Hey, when you gonna update that avatar and show folks your real ride???
As soon as I bring it home....which is now looking like early next week. They've still got a few things to do to it, and as you know it's pretty much ark time around here...thus I'm in no hurry to get it home, since I won't be able to drive it anyway. MPSC's in the rain are an adventure, but I'm not looking for *that* much adventure at this point.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:27 PM
krC2S
Racer

i don't get these people ATTACKING the guy for just sharing some info he got..whether it's correct or not

people need to relax .. and thanks for sharing this info allegretto
Old 03-23-2007, 08:00 PM
A430v
Racer

No no...it's great sharing information. That's what the forums are for. Sometimes, just frustrating when people say "cannot divulge anymore at the moment." But why!?!?! Will the source get into trouble? Why be so secretive? You see what I'm saying? Especially when RS availability has been a HOT topic lately. It's like a girl teasing you in bed, but then you don't get what you want. But no Herman, I appreciate the information...I'm curious myself.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Duane in Miami
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what I have been saying for a long time. I cannot disclose my sources except to say that my dads brother owned one of the largest Porsche Dealers for quite some time.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:01 PM
MatroxMGA
Instructor

No 08 RS in Europe atleast, if Porsche hasn't changed their minds the last few weeks.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No no...it's great sharing information. That's what the forums are for. Sometimes, just frustrating when people say "cannot divulge anymore at the moment." But why!?!?! Will the source get into trouble? Why be so secretive? You see what I'm saying? Especially when RS availability has been a HOT topic lately. It's like a girl teasing you in bed, but then you don't get what you want. But no Herman, I appreciate the information...I'm curious myself.
I can understand it being frustrating but when the topic is "hot" like this (and i.e. Peter S. has said there won't be '08 RS), I'd expect you understand me when I say there will be RS in '08 and I will not tell you how I know, I just do.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:35 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Well, let's be more specific Finn.
We are all asking the wrong question with a simple, "Hey, will there be 08 RS's?"

It would be much more conclusive and definitve to ask and get confirmation of the following:
"Will there be a new allocation of RS's BEYOND the the 229 +30 VIP cars, so far allocated?"

Just asking for an 08 RS is not conclusive, b/c as others have mentioned on this string and elswhere on this site, SOME of the 229 plus 30 VIP cars MAY BE 08 cars if sold after July 31 2007.

So far no one on this site or anywhere has confirmed or mentioned anything about EXTRA cars being allocated (beyond the 30 VIP cars) its all been about rhetorical 08 cars, and hell yeah there may be 08 cars but they won't be new allocations - as far as I can see right now.

So FINN, is your guy saying there will be NEW allocations, or just confirming that there will be 08 cars? There is a Big difference.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:15 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Fellas, consider the circumstances.

The "Official" word is 229 + 30 and that's that. Some may be MY 08 but only because of production time. Even the "Head Cheese" says this very pubically.

I cornered a Porsche representitive and did my best to extract a clear answer. The clearest he could get was a non-denial that there would be more cars, not just MY deatails, but more cars than initially planned in 08. Another forum member was at the event and knows who I am talking about. This is not a dealer, someone significantly closer to policy than that.

I do not wish to "out" him because it is entirely possible that this forum is watched and it is not beyond belief that it could mean personal problems for this gentleman if folks up the food-chain become aware of his sharing ideas with me. Hence the specific source should be protected IMHO.

So, I only offer this info because I know some feel they have missed the chance and I wanted other enthuiasts to know that there is a very real chance that they can get a car too. And I do not "know" this, I just know what one man was trying to tell me.

He was unambiguously non-denying that there will be RS's beyond the initial allotment. I know, make of it what you will...

Last edited by allegretto; 03-29-2007 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: I was wrong, you guys were right