Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Porsche pulls RS order!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Carrera2kid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche pulls RS order!

At Amelia Island this weekend, my pal Dave M. told me the following tale which he swears is true:
A friend of his (and no, it's not really him because he has an RS!) put his RS allocation up for bid on ebay, much as we saw for a while with CGT's and a few weeks ago for an orange/black allocation at a dealer in New York (which was subsequently pulled, I believe). Within 24 hours, this friend of Dave's was contacted by a lawyer with PCNA who informed him that his order was pulled and he no longer had an order because Porsche would not tolerate speculating in an undelivered car. Another friend, who also got an allocation, was told specifically that he should not even think of selling the car any time soon.
So, as they used to say on "Hill Street Blues", be careful out there!
I, for one, am delighted that Porsche is trying to put these cars in the hands of people who want them, as opposed to those who want them because of the profit they can bring them.

Ray
'05 CGT
'07 RS
Old 03-14-2007, 07:56 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Now if they could just get the dealers to tow the line...
Old 03-14-2007, 08:27 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ray Minella
At Amelia Island this weekend, my pal Dave M. told me the following tale which he swears is true:
A friend of his (and no, it's not really him because he has an RS!) put his RS allocation up for bid on ebay, much as we saw for a while with CGT's and a few weeks ago for an orange/black allocation at a dealer in New York (which was subsequently pulled, I believe). Within 24 hours, this friend of Dave's was contacted by a lawyer with PCNA who informed him that his order was pulled and he no longer had an order because Porsche would not tolerate speculating in an undelivered car. Another friend, who also got an allocation, was told specifically that he should not even think of selling the car any time soon.
So, as they used to say on "Hill Street Blues", be careful out there!
I, for one, am delighted that Porsche is trying to put these cars in the hands of people who want them, as opposed to those who want them because of the profit they can bring them.

Ray
'05 CGT
'07 RS
This explains why that item was pulled so fast. The bids were up to what...about $40K or so.

Good for PCNA!!!! I beginning to like those guys
Old 03-14-2007, 08:42 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Yeah right! They pulled the guy's order for putting it on ebay but it's ok for dealer, to order them and re-selling them to highest bidder. Urban myth perhaps!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:47 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

BULL****!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

I edited for you ....

Originally Posted by CWay27
Yeah right! They pulled the guy's order for putting it on ebay but it's ok for dealer, to take deposits, order them, return customer deposits without compensation or sense of what is ethical and subsequently sell them to highest bidder in order to gouge as much profit as possible in the short term.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:53 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Gee fellas, why pursue relationships if you are this hostile about the other party? Life is way too short to walk around with all that anger, really.

Of course, maybe they are not as bad as you think. At my dealer they had 3 GT-3's and 2 RS's on allocation. As far as I know everyone is happy and no one got screwed.

Do you think it is possible that in some cases the "buyer" may be part of the reason the deal went bad? Don't get me wrong, at least one dealer in my town is a jerk, but I think that's a minority and after all you'll always find a few, even right here
Old 03-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
Gee fellas, why pursue relationships if you are this hostile about the other party? Life is way too short to walk around with all that anger, really.

Of course, maybe they are not as bad as you think. At my dealer they had 3 GT-3's and 2 RS's on allocation. As far as I know everyone is happy and no one got screwed.

Do you think it is possible that in some cases the "buyer" may be part of the reason the deal went bad? Don't get me wrong, at least one dealer in my town is a jerk, but I think that's a minority and after all you'll always find a few, even right here
I agree but unfortunately the bad ones get more press.

Good dealer stories are welcome at any time. Not only do they reward dealers for good work but they also give people, looking for a good experience, a dealer to go to. Bad stories should serve as beacons for buyers to beware.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:12 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

On the other hand, one of my dealers just told me that once its first RS (Orange, May delivery) arrives, it will sell it on eBay with at least $30K-$50K markup.

Yes, on the record the car will be first sold from dealer to someone-someone, and then the someone-someone will put a few hundred 'careful' miles on the car to prove that it is not 'brand new', and then the someone-someone will sell the car on eBay 'as used' with markups.

I know because I was once tempted to buy that RS from the dealer with markup (see my old thread), but thanks to the folks in this forum I did not proceed.

Right now the RS market is like a warzone -- I ended up keeping my 08 GT3 order, bought a 07 997S for the time being, and told my sales to keep an eye on a used RS for me in a year or so...

With best regards,
Old 03-14-2007, 10:00 PM
hatchback
Advanced

Go PCNA!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:19 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's still one for sale on the PCA website for $200k. Matter of fact saw that ad in Pano too.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:24 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Pull on this;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-14-2007, 11:30 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 471 Likes on 317 Posts

I saw that auction.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:50 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my dealer asked me if I was interested in a White 997 GT3. At invoice I asked.... No $15K over. The car ha 2,000 miles on it.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:07 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Simple solution;

Just say "NO Motha f*er"

Once the word get to these slimeballs that no one is interested in paying over, they'll be stuck. Now isn't that nice?

Quick Reply: Porsche pulls RS order!