Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Supposedly the latest word on RS '08 production

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 10:13 AM
yellowmz3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figure that's it kind of like a dealer putting a great (essentially unobtainable) car in their showroom: It get's foot traffic, and people start looking at other cars in the showroom. Ford essentially did that with their GT. You click on their web site, see this great looking RS and then "get back down to earth"
since you have some kids...
Old 03-16-2007, 12:38 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Exclamation

Originally Posted by frayed
////MOUSE, not sure WTF you are doing here, particularly defending fcars. Have you actually driven one? On track? Compared to a contemporary Pcar? Do tell, I'm interesting in hearing you opine on the subject.
Woooooo that's harsh, particularly it is a fact that this is Friday. Bye-Bye
Old 03-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by A430v
Porsche is taking advantage of us??? Then what is Ferrari doing?!?!?! 25k-50k over MSRP for an F430 coupe, 50k-100k over MSRP for an F430 Spyder, 100k-200k over MSRP for an F599!!! We've been trying to get a Ferrari at MSRP since the F360, but no such luck. I have a friend at Auto Gallery, they seem willing, but still no promises. However, if I bent over and paid over for a "used" Ferrari, they would gladly consider giving me a car at MSRP, but then again, still many "VIP" clients ahead.

Come on Nick...I've known you a while on various bulletin boards...why do you keep coming back to incite us? Yet, when we keep mentioning that Ferrari rapes its customers, you cannot defend your beloved company, except dog Porsche even more. Get over it.
Nick, I agree that buying a new Ferrari at MSRP is almost impossible. To some degree Ferrari is at fault because they limit their production REGARDLESS OF PROFIT IN ORDER TO PROTECT THE BRAND IMAGE AND ITS CLIENTS. That is the point I am making about Porsche.

The best example is the CGT. Your CGT is as good if not better than the Enzo and yet the Enzo is worth about a million dollars (original MSRP $625,000) and the CGT has lost at least 30-40% in value and is still dropping. Why should that be? We all know the answer and what I find mind-boggling is Porschephiles defend Porsche in its greed even though it is coming out of their pockets.

To be sure other car manufacturers are envious of Porsche and wishing they had a customer base that is always willing to look the other way as their pockets are being picked.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:56 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
Woooooo that's harsh, particularly it is a fact that this is Friday. Bye-Bye

good man.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

What the hell are some of you even freak'n talking about? If you don't want to spend the money on a Porsche, go buy a G*d damn Honda for f*cks sakes........

Just like all the rational guys have said here, YOU DON'T HAVE TO FRIGGIN BUY IT! Don't want to spend the money? GO BUY SOMETHING ELSE!

Porsche AG, PCNA, Porsche owners, Porsche Dealers and Rennlister's who have PORSCHE's could GIVE TWO SH*T'S whether you buy a Porsche or not.

You people who take the stance that they're porking the consumer account for probably less then 3% of the people who could afford such a car. Used or New.

PAG and PCNA could care less about you. And for that matter, I'm sure Ferrari could care less either.

They're concerned about appealing to it's current clientel base, future (REAL BUYERS) buyers, owners, drivers, enthusiasts alike, AND of course, to remain PROFITABLE to ensure it's future as a Company who's not only responsible for it's brand, it's name, but the THOUSANDS of people it employ's or does business with.

man o man.....
Old 03-16-2007, 05:16 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick
Nick, I agree that buying a new Ferrari at MSRP is almost impossible. To some degree Ferrari is at fault because they limit their production REGARDLESS OF PROFIT IN ORDER TO PROTECT THE BRAND IMAGE AND ITS CLIENTS. That is the point I am making about Porsche.

The best example is the CGT. Your CGT is as good if not better than the Enzo and yet the Enzo is worth about a million dollars (original MSRP $625,000) and the CGT has lost at least 30-40% in value and is still dropping. Why should that be? We all know the answer and what I find mind-boggling is Porschephiles defend Porsche in its greed even though it is coming out of their pockets.

To be sure other car manufacturers are envious of Porsche and wishing they had a customer base that is always willing to look the other way as their pockets are being picked.
You've really "spit the bit" from an intellectual point of view now.

So you think Ferrari leaves money on the table to "protect it's brand image and it's clients".

In the past 18 yrs I've owned 4 Ferraris. While they are breathtaking cars in their own way, they are true margin masters for the mothership and dealers. I have visited three dealers in the past year. If you think selling 430 Spyders for 60-90K over list isn't a jobbing, I have no cure for what is ailing you. And, If you can find a Ferrari that dollar for dollar can stay with a Porsche, let us know.

Since your pleasure appears to be coming here and showing us what you don't know about cars, business, economics and marketing I won't interrupt. Please carry on with your childish attempts at getting noticed, you do appear needy.

Child psychologists tell us that many disruptive kids do it to get attention. They feel neglected and any attention, even negative attention is better than being ignored. What are your thoughts on that?

Last edited by allegretto; 03-16-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:00 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

LOL, is that the reason the 456/550/575 and for sure the 599 in the future ,grew weeds underneath them because they were permanent fixtures in the show room floors ? So how come they did not limit production on that part of the line up if they care so much about value and the "clients". Do you want me explain in great detail what kind of a bath those coveted by FNA (your words),"are looking out for our clients" took when they resold or god forbid traded it in ? Did you know that NEW 456's sat around for years even after the line was discontinued? Reality is not your friend I guess.

The funny thing is that I know who you are and have experienced you in dealerships.

Are your posts against Porsche your revenge because your friend after one irresponsible driving act after the other met his demise and took one with him too ? He did not have the proper mindset for a genuine supercar and paid the price, not the cars fault. Fact.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:59 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
The funny thing is that I know who you are and have experienced you in dealerships.

Are your posts against Porsche your revenge because your friend after one irresponsible driving act after the other met his demise and took one with him too ? He did not have the proper mindset for a genuine supercar and paid the price, not the cars fault. Fact.
...!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by allegretto
You've really "spit the bit" from an intellectual point of view now.

So you think Ferrari leaves money on the table to "protect it's brand image and it's clients".

In the past 18 yrs I've owned 4 Ferraris. While they are breathtaking cars in their own way, they are true margin masters for the mothership and dealers. I have visited three dealers in the past year. If you think selling 430 Spyders for 60-90K over list isn't a jobbing, I have no cure for what is ailing you. And, If you can find a Ferrari that dollar for dollar can stay with a Porsche, let us know.

Since your pleasure appears to be coming here and showing us what you don't know about cars, business, economics and marketing I won't interrupt. Please carry on with your childish attempts at getting noticed, you do appear needy.

Child psychologists tell us that many disruptive kids do it to get attention. They feel neglected and any attention, even negative attention is better than being ignored. What are your thoughts on that?
Ouch, I believe you are having a temper tantrum. We are here to talk about cars positively and as well negatively. What I am witnessing is a transition from car talk to personal attacks against a the poster who happens not to agree with those that have built a shrine of Porsche in their back yard.

Pole position if you are selling Porsche's in the LA area, I believe I know who you are. I hope your are doing well.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Old 03-16-2007, 09:52 PM
A430v
Racer

Originally Posted by pole position
Come on now PP...leave Ben lj out of the argument. That really was a low blow. Have more respect please.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:58 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Ouch, I believe you are having a temper tantrum. We are here to talk about cars positively and as well negatively. What I am witnessing is a transition from car talk to personal attacks against a the poster who happens not to agree with those that have built a shrine of Porsche in their back yard.
)
Um, you're about two days late with that tack, troll.

Bet you were the last one in class to finish the test too, weren't 'ya?

Is PP correct? Are you a "showroom stalker". Come on...

OK, let's talk cars. Got any pics of yours? Of course it better be shot with today's paper and a title to gain any traction after your posts. But I'd really like to see some of your iron that you use to judge other cars.

C'mon, smoke 'em if 'ya got 'em. Maybe a track pic with you behind the wheel diceing with the leaders.

I'll wait...
Old 03-17-2007, 07:44 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A430v
Come on now PP...leave Ben lj out of the argument. That really was a low blow. Have more respect please.
yes, this forum is no place for a statement like pole position made.
it is also unconscionable to use it in that manner.
and to post it anonymously is somewhat pathetic.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:48 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
yes, this forum is no place for a statement like pole position made.
it is also unconscionable to use it in that manner.
and to post it anonymously is somewhat pathetic.
+ 100% ^
Old 03-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by allegretto
Um, you're about two days late with that tack, troll.

Bet you were the last one in class to finish the test too, weren't 'ya?

Is PP correct? Are you a "showroom stalker". Come on...

OK, let's talk cars. Got any pics of yours? Of course it better be shot with today's paper and a title to gain any traction after your posts. But I'd really like to see some of your iron that you use to judge other cars.

C'mon, smoke 'em if 'ya got 'em. Maybe a track pic with you behind the wheel diceing with the leaders.

I'll wait...
Why would I care what you think or show you what I have? You are completely irrelevant to me. Enjoy your RS when you get it and try not to kill yourself on some highway trying to be Hurley Haywood.

Last edited by Nick; 03-17-2007 at 01:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Supposedly the latest word on RS '08 production