Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Just cancelled my RS order - feel much better

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Just cancelled my RS order - feel much better

Just not excited enough about the US GT3 RS. Not much lighter or better than standard car. I've outgrown the ridiculous graphics especially on the orange and green cars. Car looks much better in White IMO. I can't see paying extra for white either. I'm going to keep my 996 GT3 and wait for the 998. My turn goes to the next person in line.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:07 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Riz
Just not excited enough about the US GT3 RS. Not much lighter or better than standard car. I've outgrown the ridiculous graphics especially on the orange and green cars. Car looks much better in White IMO. I can't see paying extra for white either. I'm going to keep my 996 GT3 and wait for the 998. My turn goes to the next person in line.
Can't say you are wrong.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:12 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
Can't say you are wrong.
sure you can . . .
go thru w/ your purchase of the RS.
if he's right, pass it to the next guy that would appreciate it more than you.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Paul523
Pro

Originally Posted by icon
sure you can . . .
go thru w/ your purchase of the RS.
if he's right, pass it to the next guy that would appreciate it more than you.
I was thinking the same thing.

Riz- you should've posted before you cancelled your deposit .... you might decide to keep it-- but if not, pass the RS along to a Rennlister, the only 'premium' would be whatever sales tax/lease buyout fee you pay. (I think there'd be ZERO risk of recovering < your out-of-pocket $$, at least for the remainder of '07)
Old 02-19-2007, 10:19 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jeff didn't you want one badly, couldn't you fix something with Riz?

P.S. Who's your life size avatar?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:06 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Exclamation Shannyn Sossamon

Originally Posted by CWay27
P.S. Who's your life size avatar?
Shannyn Sossamon;
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

P.S. True as of February 19, 2007! Since Jeff changes the pictures like he changes Porsche cars!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:09 PM
mowblowgo
Advanced

Sorry to hear the change of heart. Why no notice to fellow Rennlisters? "Ridiculous" sounds a bit harsh for the graphics. Good luck with your car pursuit.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:25 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Talking What if?

Originally Posted by mowblowgo
Sorry to hear the change of heart...
What if he pocketed about $50K? Now that's change of heart!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Riz,
I tend to agree with you. As great of a car as the 997 GT3 RS is, I also think I am going to take back my deposit on an 08 car (if made that is). I can't get past the likely $50K I will have to spend in addition to selling my 996 GT3 to get one.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:22 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
Shannyn Sossamon;
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

P.S. True as of February 19, 2007! Since Jeff changes the pictures like he changes Porsche cars!!!
Shannyn went to the high school about a mile from my house. But I can't say I ever saw her there.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:13 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Paul523
I was thinking the same thing.

Riz- you should've posted before you cancelled your deposit .... you might decide to keep it-- but if not, pass the RS along to a Rennlister, the only 'premium' would be whatever sales tax/lease buyout fee you pay. (I think there'd be ZERO risk of recovering < your out-of-pocket $$, at least for the remainder of '07)
Your post strikes me as interesting. If I am not mistaken, you are suggesing that the proper thing to do is to purchase the car and flip it;

Leaving aside the issue of whether or not I would do that (more later) it assumes that you would flip it to a Rennlister at your cost. If, as some here believe the car will stay either rock solid or even go positive, why would they do that? I would expect anyone here to declare "free agency" and sell it to whomever they want for whatever they want. If it be a Rennlister, so be it.

Now, let's look a the guy behind him at his dealer. What do you have against him? Maybe "He" is someone right here. Now what? So he can't buy it at the dealers price (maybe MSRP) because someone like Riz decided to scalp a few bucks.

Finally, in my own situation, well I think I'm gonna suffer an MI between now and July from anticipation. But while mine is not for sale, I would say that if I did back out I would also turn it back to the dealer. He is keeping his word with me, why would I not with him? I told him I would not buy it to flip and I won't. He hasn't told me the sad story about my car not being allocated while he sells it to a Bud or for $20K over.

He is doing the right thing in my book. But, this is America in the 21st Cent. so I'm sure some disagree.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:07 AM
Paul523
Pro

Your post strikes me as interesting. If I am not mistaken, you are suggesing that the proper thing to do is to purchase the car and flip it;

Leaving aside the issue of whether or not I would do that (more later) it assumes that you would flip it to a Rennlister at your cost. If, as some here believe the car will stay either rock solid or even go positive, why would they do that? I would expect anyone here to declare "free agency" and sell it to whomever they want for whatever they want. If it be a Rennlister, so be it.

Now, let's look a the guy behind him at his dealer. What do you have against him? Maybe "He" is someone right here. Now what? So he can't buy it at the dealers price (maybe MSRP) because someone like Riz decided to scalp a few bucks.

Finally, in my own situation, well I think I'm gonna suffer an MI between now and July from anticipation. But while mine is not for sale, I would say that if I did back out I would also turn it back to the dealer. He is keeping his word with me, why would I not with him? I told him I would not buy it to flip and I won't. He hasn't told me the sad story about my car not being allocated while he sells it to a Bud or for $20K over.

He is doing the right thing in my book. But, this is America in the 21st Cent. so I'm sure some disagree.
Fair points all. Of course Riz should do whatever he feels appropriate. It was nothing more than my opinion. Let him or anyone else flip away, it's none of my business in the end. Free market prevails... free market for bonehead opinions like mine available via rennlist.

Naive or idealistic as it is, I have an aversion to the whole 'flipping' thing, simple as that. I'd like to see the cars in the hands of drivers as opposed to investors/flippers, hence my Rennlister @msrp suggestion. If the dealer sells to the next buyer at msrp, then terrific! I suppose I unfairly prejudged the dealer into the group which would now be putting the car up for bids.

Not saying you fall into this category, Herman but I don't want to see Porsche trending towards the increasingly prevalent Ferrari mode of auto jewelry. w/Fcars getting such seldom use whereas 40K odometer miles may as well be 140K. My Dad had several 60's/70's Ferrari when I was a kid, a 275GTB, a 250GTE, a 308GTS. They were daily drivers & we used to do road trips in them all the time. Of course these cars cost $5K-$7K back then as nice 1 or 2-owner oddball euro sports cars. That's where I'm coming from, so admittedly my perspective is unique.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:51 AM
malammik
Racer

Its PAG fault for creating secondary market by regimenting a very tight supply. I am sure if PAG figured out how to make the best sports car in the world, they can figure out how to make more of them especially when people are willing to pay. But no. They produce very limited numbers to keep up the exclusiivity and what else directly causing price gauging, speculation, flipping, etc.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:58 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by malammik
Its PAG fault for creating secondary market by regimenting a very tight supply. I am sure if PAG figured out how to make the best sports car in the world, they can figure out how to make more of them especially when people are willing to pay. But no. They produce very limited numbers to keep up the exclusiivity and what else directly causing price gauging, speculation, flipping, etc.
That's not true. People make the frenzy that causes gouging. Porsche is a small manufacturer. They can't possible produce enough cars to initially fill every order. They will in time though. Name one recent Porsche that has retained its exclusivity.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:12 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by malammik
I see, it's someone else's fault that you (anyone, I don't mean to get personal) want it so bad that you will indulge in such activity?

Yes, that is a 21st Cent attitude.

Quick Reply: Just cancelled my RS order - feel much better