Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997 GT3 RS in Greenwich, CT

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 08:14 PM
grussell
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please weigh it! We would love to know what the RS weighs.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:20 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

Ray,
Welcome to the forum. I did not mean to offend you with my comments, and i am hoping to see the car again on the street or at Limerock. In any case it is simply an awesome car and I hope you enjoy the new wheels. I am sure Jim Newton at Automobile Associates will make your car look even better -- he is simply the best around this part of the country.

I look forward to meeting you at an event and best of luck with the car.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:22 PM
mowblowgo
Advanced

Ray,
Well done. More genuine posts like yours would really help all forums. Sometimes the jelous just take over and ruin a good thing. Enjoy your car in good health and congrats on your Porsche GT3RS. Send pics if you do some graphics!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:28 PM
mowblowgo
Advanced

Originally Posted by rodneyr
I am taking a guess that this car will never see the track unless it is for a parade lap. I was told the owner has many porsches including a Carrera GT. My other guess is this car is kind of another trophy for the case or in this case for the multiple car garage. On the other hand, maybe I will see this car at Limerock for a DE?
Dear Rodneyr,
You are acting like a dope. My guess is that you have never seen a track but have read alot of magazines and are an expert on everything. Consider your post, re-group, and be a little more thoughtful of your fellow Porsche fans.
Cheers.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:32 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

mowblowgo,
I typically do 20+ track days per year in DE schools BMW CCA, PCA at (Limerock, Watkins Glen, LCMT, and I am hoping to make it to VIR this year). In addition, I am an instructor with BMW CCA for NY, NJ, CT. However, you were correct in that I do enjoy on occasion reading magazines on my train ride into NYC. BTW, my previous post was an acknowledgement that I was a little out of line with my comments. This shows individuals like myself included should not jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:13 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ray Minella
Hi! I'm having the graphics made by Jim Newton at Auto Associates in Canton, CT. Phone numberis 860-693-0278. No affiliation, just a decade long customer (and a loyal one, too).
Jim is quite involved in Porsche racing, and that is mostly what his shop does. There is a graphic designer in his building to whom he subcontracted the job.
Inasmuch as they do graphics on racecars all the time, it is quite easy to do. I bought a set of 997 RS black graphhics from my dealership, as well as the 996 RS graphics in Riviera blue. They scanned the black ones, and used the 996 graphics to get the color right. Inasmuch as it is all set up on the cadcam machine, I suspect it is easy to duplicate whatever color you would like.
Great guy. He won't steer you wrong.
Ray
So Ray,this is the classic stripe where the letters are the same as the very bottom (but a slight space at their base) but extend from that bottom into the white?

This is very cool because I was just talking to my dealer about trying to find someone to do that on mine. Is there a way Jim could post the graphic as a jpg for us?

Thanks again. Lovely. I dont know how I'll last till July. Don't mind some of the guys here.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Carrera2kid
Instructor

Thanks very much. No offense taken. Blue graphics are now on the car, wheels will be painted next week. If I can figure out how to post some pictures, I will.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Carrera2kid
Instructor

The graphics are the 997 RS graphics, with the letters GT3RS on the side of the car...just like you have seen in all the articles with the orange and green ones. I got the black graphics from the factory and he had them scanned and made in Riviera blue, which was the color of the 996 RS graphics that were available in Europe (but not here).
As I posted earlier, my pal was at the factory this week, and he saw white cars with black graphics and black painted wheels.
Soon to be coming to our shores, no doubt...
Old 02-24-2007, 01:18 AM
Speedracer38
6th Gear

Ray how are you? This is your friend Jason Thorgalsen. I was down in Greenwich today hanging out in the Ferrari dealer and they told me there was a GT3RS down at the Porsche dealer. They called down there for me and asked if it was still there. When I heard it wasn't I was pretty disappointed because I am dying to see one. I asked if you were the one who bought the car but they were unsure. I'm glad to hear you purchased the car! Congratulations!! I hope all is well. Hopefully we can catch up soon.

Best,
Jason Thorgalsen
Old 02-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Minella
'55 Speedster
'62 Twin Grille
'64 Carrera 2 Coupe
'07 GT3RS
Nice group of cars Mr. Minella.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Carrera2kid
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cupcar
Nice group of cars Mr. Minella.
Thank you very much. Forgot to add the '05 CGT.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Rich.
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Ray, are you gonna send us pics of the car when the wheels are painted. I am dying to see it finished and wasnt sure if you were gonna have a chance to bring it by in person.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 289 Posts

Ray
I hope to meet you at Lime Rock. I will be in either a black 997TT or a Viper Green GT3 RS. My RS is due in port on Tuesday. Kudos for your first post because you are spot on about not crashing your car on the track because of your own driving. I wagged my **** end at Lime Rock just after big bend because some old Bimmer was spraying oil on the track. Jusitce was done because the old car hit his own slick on his second lap and went off into the weeds.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:34 PM
jimhuber
Racer

or a Viper Green GT3 RS.

I think it comes n signal green not viper green.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:56 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Ray was your CGT black? i remember a black one at TWS a couple of years ago. Sweet, sweet sound as it passed me on the front straight.
Enjoy the RS.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 RS in Greenwich, CT