Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Green paint code?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:39 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Green paint code?

Does anyone know what the paint code is for this green 997 Cup or how I can get the paint code?
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2007, 10:09 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Special Paint, RS, Green = J5
Old 02-20-2007, 05:50 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

The paint shop says they can't find this color.
How does it compare with "Signal Green" or "Viper Green"?
I want to paint my cup car a really cool looking green and need help in finding the right one.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:57 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

MJones
Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

PS. What is the status on the vessel going to Baltimore (my vehicle had an on vessel date of 2/15)
Old 02-20-2007, 07:10 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

I know you want to paint your car a cool green color, but I would suggest you consider the wear and tear of racing. My experience in painting a white car is not good, no matter what every rock chip shows up if you change the color, as the white under paint jumps out. If you spend the $ to go to grey undercoat, this will improve, but after 6 races or so you will need to repaint your bumper anyway it will be so pitted. When you race is a pack of cup cars you will be amazed at the amount of damage that is done versus doing DE's or street tire sprint races. It simply does not compare.

I know it will look great and that is important and seems like a great idea, but I would do some graphics that you like and leave it at that. Paint just doesn't pay as it gets so beat up. For $3,000 you could pretty much wrap the car in green graphics and protect your paint in the process. Besides is looks like you have a great graphica guy right there who did DarrellC's new RS.

If you do decide to paint make sure you put on as much "heavy" 3M clear film as you can on the front bumper, hood and leading surfaces to protect your paint job. Good luck finding the paint color. You might want to email Motorsports and ask for the color.

JCM
Old 02-20-2007, 09:21 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
MJones
Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

PS. What is the status on the vessel going to Baltimore (my vehicle had an on vessel date of 2/15)
Matt - the vessel is on schedule. Should it, by some good fortune, arrive a day earlier I should know by Friday (my RS is on the same boat) as my dealer is on top of it. Cheers!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:01 AM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

supercup - thanks for the input. that makes sense. the problem is i am not always rationale when it comes to things like this. i am really nuts. once i have an idea in my head for something like this....
anyway, i will be doing the grey undercoat and wrapping the front end with clear protection film.

BobbyC- thanks for the info. please let me know if anything changes.

Quick Reply: Green paint code?