Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

How many days to build a GT3??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 09:40 PM
soarteeth
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many days to build a GT3??

My Ck Pt 8 date is Feb 6. The last time I checked with my salesman no Vin number had been assigned so I'm thinking it hasn't entered production yet.

How many days does it take for a GT3 or for that matter any 911 to go thru the asembly line from start to finish?

MJones, you seem to be able to know whicih ship the GT3's are on and when they will arrive at the variuos ports with the ONVESL date. Where can I find this information?

TIA
Old 01-28-2007, 12:31 AM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Assuming the pre ordered components arrive on time the 996/997 series cars take about 5 to 7 days total to assemble. The final assembly line time is about 7.5 hours.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:26 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

As posted above the producton times are correct.
Since Porsche cars are built to order, the first stage of production is PRDBDY:Mfg Into Body Shop, where the body is welded up, assembled...then the car progresses into the Paint Shop.

If your salesperson is attentive these stages will show-up and can be followed on the dealers VMS computer system.

ONVESL date is the key to finding out ship and delivery ETA. This info is published to the dealers, by PCNA, again an attentive dealer will be able to supply the info in a timely manner.

My guess your car will enter production this coming week.

The wait gets harder...then poof it's over!!!

Quick Reply: How many days to build a GT3??