What a week!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:58 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a week!

I went to Vail and did the Porsche Ice driving school, came home and picked up the CGT.

The ice driving involved a gret deal of happy tail wagging, and allowed you to get to the edge, stay at the edge or go over the edge without any (much) risk, other than to your ego. There were some awesome "slides" and "saves", one of the best programs I have done. The food and wines were something else as well.

It was a great, rally style, learning tool, and even accomplished drivers were challenged as they had to "fish for grip". The conditions were constantly varying, due to temperature and activities (ice polishing), so there was plenty of challenge to occupy the mind all of the time.

They even taught and had us practice the "Scandanavian Flick" i.e. go left before you go to the right (sideways). For the most part the cars were C4/S

If you want to learn/practice car control you will enjoy this program.

Now back to the CGT, well I just drove it home from the Dealer, and all I can say. for the moment, is it is a true "Driver's car". And if you are into the ultimate feedback and control "this car is for you" OK Bud?
Old 01-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Olav A.
Racer

Sounds like fun. Where are the pics?!
Old 01-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm
I went to Vail and did the Porsche Ice driving school, came home and picked up the CGT.
The ice driving involved a gret deal of happy tail wagging, and allowed you to get to the edge, stay at the edge or go over the edge without any (much) risk, other than to your ego. There were some awesome "slides" and "saves", one of the best programs I have done. The food and wines were something else as well.

It was a great, rally style, learning tool, and even accomplished drivers were challenged as they had to "fish for grip". The conditions were constantly varying, due to temperature and activities (ice polishing), so there was plenty of challenge to occupy the mind all of the time.

They even taught and had us practice the "Scandanavian Flick" i.e. go left before you go to the right (sideways). For the most part the cars were C4/S

If you want to learn/practice car control you will enjoy this program.

Now back to the CGT, well I just drove it home from the Dealer, and all I can say. for the moment, is it is a true "Driver's car". And if you are into the ultimate feedback and control "this car is for you" OK Bud?
What a miserable week Colm...

Ice/snow driving IS a lot of fun and great learning tool. You don't really use our "flick" on asplhalt but sure is fun and for ice/snow/gravel driving, works great once you learn it well.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:21 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Colm-
Mr Lewis said you did well!

Pics and/or video needed!

Nice PR piece for Camp4 Colorado: www.vailtrail.com

Old 01-26-2007, 11:55 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJones
Colm-
Mr Lewis said you did well!

Pics and/or video needed!

Nice PR piece for Camp4 Colorado: www.vailtrail.com

That article only "hints" at the amount of fun it was.

" MJones, you were missed"
Old 01-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm
That article only "hints" at the amount of fun it was.

" MJones, you were missed"
MJones missed a PDE event???????

Quick Reply: What a week!