Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Green RS anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007 | 11:11 PM
craigsduc
Instructor

Default Green RS anyone???

Has anyone actually seen a correct green colored RS in the flesh?
Old 01-24-2007 | 11:14 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes!

Striking and vibrant but not for me.
Old 01-24-2007 | 11:51 PM
RUF hauler
Intermediate

Default RUF RGT in Viper Green

Green with envy......
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2007 | 12:15 AM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by craigsduc
Has anyone actually seen a correct green colored RS in the flesh?
Yes, I saw one at the factory (outside) at Zuffenhausen this month. It really stood out in the row of freshly assembled Porsches. Not my color choice.
Old 01-25-2007 | 12:24 AM
RUF hauler
Intermediate

Originally Posted by enthusiast
Yes, I saw one at the factory (outside) at Zuffenhausen this month. It really stood out in the row of freshly assembled Porsches. Not my color choice.
That was probably this car. It just arrived this morning from Germany.
Old 01-25-2007 | 12:50 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I think that looks awesome but would throw black wheels on there instead...
Old 01-25-2007 | 04:37 AM
Stockholm996TT
Instructor

I have seen all five RS colours live. The green is very green!
Old 01-26-2007 | 02:33 AM
craigsduc
Instructor

I thought green would be the only way to go but............................I think it would get old fast.................I,ve opted for white , black RS 98,s with polished lips, White cage/bar, and maybeeeeeeee........................a graphics package in vinyl in RSR or Cup Car theme..................................Orange got my second vote but too many ordered...................Black simply will get too trashed if tracked......................which will happen..............alot ( I hope )
Old 01-26-2007 | 03:50 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

I thought green would be the only way to go but............................I think it would get old fast.................I,ve opted for white , black RS 98,s with polished lips, White cage/bar, and maybeeeeeeee........................a graphics package in vinyl in RSR or Cup Car theme..................................Orange got my second vote but too many ordered...................Black simply will get too trashed if tracked......................which will happen..............alot ( I hope )

no offense, just currious.
you said you picked white b/c your 2nd choice orange was too common.
but isn't white even more common as many GT3's are in white?
or are you thinking that it is eaiser to do the unique vinyl graphics on white?
Old 01-26-2007 | 09:03 AM
Stockholm996TT
Instructor

I have actually heard that 55% of all 997 GT3s so far have been ordered in white. And it does really look fantastic in white!
Old 01-26-2007 | 12:04 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RUF hauler
That was probably this car. It just arrived this morning from Germany.
No. The one I walked around and examined had the driving controls on the right side (steering wheel, pedals).

The one above is not the RS Green color.
Old 01-26-2007 | 01:03 PM
Wolfgang_K
Advanced

... and the one above is not a standard GT3, but a RUF car.....

(but why did they install this ugly orange side markers?)
Old 02-01-2007 | 02:37 AM
craigsduc
Instructor

Originally Posted by mooty
no offense, just currious.
you said you picked white b/c your 2nd choice orange was too common.
but isn't white even more common as many GT3's are in white?
or are you thinking that it is eaiser to do the unique vinyl graphics on white?
no offense taken................just noticing that orange is the number 1 color ( not that this is bad ) and I,ve always liked things that are more uncommon. Problem is, as has been noted, white is somewhat boring to look at and is not exclusive to the RS marque! Not that a white RS would be rare either.................Just having the old color choice dilemma now that I have to finalize the RS specs...............I think...as of today that I am going to opt for the pumpkinmobile.................I like my black turbo................loved my arctic GT2, but both are common to all 911,s and were normal colors....I was, and am still slightly concerned the orange will get old fast...................sh####t Wish I could see an orange car in the flesh before changing my car. If I went for white, I really wanted to add a really clean graphics package ( Martini, Cup, RSR, etc.), Paint the wheels matt black, and add a cage/seat..............If I get an Orange car, forget the graphics and wheels and save a grand on top...........Hmmmmm ?
Old 02-01-2007 | 03:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

no offense taken................just noticing that orange is the number 1 color ( not that this is bad ) and I,ve always liked things that are more uncommon. Problem is, as has been noted, white is somewhat boring to look at and is not exclusive to the RS marque! Not that a white RS would be rare either.................Just having the old color choice dilemma now that I have to finalize the RS specs...............I think...as of today that I am going to opt for the pumpkinmobile.................I like my black turbo................loved my arctic GT2, but both are common to all 911,s and were normal colors....I was, and am still slightly concerned the orange will get old fast...................sh####t Wish I could see an orange car in the flesh before changing my car. If I went for white, I really wanted to add a really clean graphics package ( Martini, Cup, RSR, etc.), Paint the wheels matt black, and add a cage/seat..............If I get an Orange car, forget the graphics and wheels and save a grand on top...........Hmmmmm ?
truth is i went bk and forth on CW and orange. finally decided to get the RS color.
Old 02-01-2007 | 05:14 AM
Stockholm996TT
Instructor

I also had big diffifulties picking the right colour, so I went to the factory to see them all live in the "factory delivery" department. When I saw an orange RS between one white GT3 and one white Turbo, I knew I had to go for the orange. In my opinon the orange looks much better live than on picture. Green is cool too, especially as it will be very rare. But, my impression whas that the green is even louder than the orange and could get tiring in the long run.

It is interesting to notice how pleasant problems like picking the colour of my RS became a really painful problem for me...

Quick Reply: Green RS anyone???