Fueling issue solved...hopefully

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007 | 12:28 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fueling issue solved...hopefully

Notified yesterday that the part ordered had arrived from Germany.
Took the car in today early, no appointment, the tech had a job to finish and they would call me when that was done, 3hr, bring car back and they would start on mine.
As luck would have it the PCNA Field Technical Manager, a 17 yr veteran,
was at the dealership for another issue but wanted check things out. The part from Germany looked like it may have a slightly different angle at it's end and as well he said that he loosened the spring tension of the anti-spitback valve.
Interesting to note fuel goes in the tank from the bottom up.
Car buttoned-up and together we went to the gas station and right up to full it went.
Proof of the puttng will be on future fill-ups, but all feels good that the problem has been solved.
What a great guy, we had most interesting conversation about vehicle testing, Weissach, PSM..a variety of topics..a real car guy.
Another person at the dealership was the regional mgr, and we had some good conversation as well.

I'm thankful for the excellent relationship that I have with the service dept of the dealership...the shop and techs are not off limits to me...I can go in and check things out...nice.

I no longer have Pirelli tires, as a replacement for the cut tire was not to be had.....MPSC have replaced the Pirelli

Last edited by MJones; 03-03-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-17-2007 | 02:26 AM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"'m thankful for the excellent relationship that I have with the service dept of the dealership...the shop and techs are not off limits to me...I can go in and check things out...nice."

I love that about the dealership I go to as well.

The techs actually enjoy answering my questions too. It really adds to the experience
Old 01-17-2007 | 02:53 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Glad to hear you are back on the road!

JCM
Old 01-17-2007 | 04:17 AM
khaug
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb fuel issue

Thanks for sticking with this issue. It's important to all new 997 GT3 owners.

-
Old 01-17-2007 | 10:41 AM
soarteeth
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm thankful for the excellent relationship that I have with the service dept of the dealership...the shop and techs are not off limits to me...I can go in and check things out...nice.

MJones, good to hear that someone has a dealership that is responsive and attentive to the customer after the sale. If you don't mind which dealership are you dealing with? I don't mind driving for good service
Old 01-17-2007 | 01:17 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Great to hear some positive words on a US Porsche dealership. We do hit the negatives on this forum a lot.

What did the rep say about your trip odomoter reading 4 miles more than the odometer???

Quick Reply: Fueling issue solved...hopefully