Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS interior question div. stiching

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:50 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS interior question div. stiching

So a Green RS with black leather and green div. stiching would that look good or to over the top? Pic? or other color on black pic?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:04 AM
frayed
Race Car

I personally think that dev stitching looks bad b/c it doesn't extend to the entire interior of the car.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
I personally think that dev stitching looks bad b/c it doesn't extend to the entire interior of the car.
Deviating stitching is one of those options that delays production a bit.
It does reach just about everywhere in the car (door, seat, dash) if you want to spend the money.

ps. Jim, I hope you're not going to start a thread for every option where you haven't made a decision ... : )
Old 01-16-2007, 12:21 AM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Deviating stitching is one of those options that delays production a bit.
It does reach just about everywhere in the car (door, seat, dash) if you want to spend the money.

ps. Jim, I hope you're not going to start a thread for every option where you haven't made a decision ... : )
No I am not I do not think I would get div. stiching I was just thinking of what it would look like in green or a color. I wanted the carbon in the last thread was sure just wanted to see some pics and I thank everyone for the help. I am done with the option list in full now. Thank you again for all of the help.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:25 AM
frayed
Race Car

I think it doesn't hit the wheel gearshift area a few other areas. Somebody posted a pic a while back, looked half azzed.

Besides the standard stitch contrasts against black leather
Old 01-16-2007, 12:39 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

i dont know, but i dont have time to pay attention to the dev stitching. i am busy driving.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:39 AM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by mooty
i dont know, but i dont have time to pay attention to the dev stitching. i am busy driving.

as you should be
Old 01-16-2007, 02:12 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
I think it doesn't hit the wheel gearshift area a few other areas. Somebody posted a pic a while back, looked half azzed.

Besides the standard stitch contrasts against black leather
If specified correctly by your dealer it will hit all stitched areas of the car, including all exclusive options, the steering wheel, the gear shift, and the brake handle. I do agree the dev./contrast stitch you get in black works well.

Jim while green stitiching might seem a bit over the top, why not if you get green paint. I will post pictures of my car when it arrives.

I have spec'd my Orange car with Orange dev. stitiching in the entire car. The original completion date was 1/10/07, actual was 1/9/07, so no delay for dev. stitching in my case.

Good luck with your spec, but as Moody says it won't matter when you are driving what it looks like, only when sitting in the garage.

JCM
Old 01-16-2007, 02:17 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

i think green stitching is a bit much but a green rear center console would break up all the black nicely. just my 2 cents.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:07 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by supercup
If specified correctly by your dealer it will hit all stitched areas of the car, including all exclusive options, the steering wheel, the gear shift, and the brake handle. I do agree the dev./contrast stitch you get in black works well.

Jim while green stitiching might seem a bit over the top, why not if you get green paint. I will post pictures of my car when it arrives.

I have spec'd my Orange car with Orange dev. stitiching in the entire car. The original completion date was 1/10/07, actual was 1/9/07, so no delay for dev. stitching in my case.

Good luck with your spec, but as Moody says it won't matter when you are driving what it looks like, only when sitting in the garage.

JCM
The estimated completion date includes the "special" delays.

I'm keen to see some good quality pics of your orange one.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:33 AM
jimhuber
Racer

JCM
I have a little time before it is to late. I changed the car to Green form Black and changed the interior to include all carbon that they offer and some extra leather. I know it does not matter and we should talk about the performance however I have no car yet and I am just thinking out loud about the car. Good thing I have because I would not have been happy with the black, the rod antenna or other things I thought I wanted to start with. Thanks so much again and I can not wait to see the Orange stiching it will make up my mind I know it will.
Jim
Old 01-16-2007, 11:34 PM
jimhuber
Racer

JCM
do you have information on how to spec this option so it hits the entire car. I think I am going to get the stiching in green to match the car.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
i think green stitching is a bit much but a green rear center console would break up all the black nicely. just my 2 cents.
+1
Old 01-17-2007, 07:31 PM
jimhuber
Racer

JCM
any pics of the orange stiching to show? I am going to go with the green to match for the stiching and every CARBON pice.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

keep in mind carbon actually ADDS weight. Every carbon piece may be too much.

Quick Reply: RS interior question div. stiching