Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS interior question div. stiching

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Green stiching not the best choice in my opinion. Leave the green on the outside for more pop and contrast. Standard grey is best choice.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:56 PM
1whobuys
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deviated stitching looks like crap!
Green will look like ****...Jim quit putting all this crap on my car....Don't pimp it with all of that carbon either.
Center Console and the small carbon package Jim, along with HID lights, PCCB's, Leather, Nav and Bose.
If you load it up you will loose all that money when you sell it as no-one pays extra for the options.
Jim,...when I buy this from you, you know when you get ready to get the GT2, I don't want to buy a "Clown Car"
BTW...make sure you break it in easy for me and don't ding it up in the mean time!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:04 AM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by 1whobuys
Deviated stitching looks like crap!
Green will look like ****...Jim quit putting all this crap on my car....Don't pimp it with all of that carbon either.
Center Console and the small carbon package Jim, along with HID lights, PCCB's, Leather, Nav and Bose.
If you load it up you will loose all that money when you sell it as no-one pays extra for the options.
Jim,...when I buy this from you, you know when you get ready to get the GT2, I don't want to buy a "Clown Car"
BTW...make sure you break it in easy for me and don't ding it up in the mean time!
Well, I have not placed the change for the DIv stiching. I ordered PCCB, xenon, Leather, and carbon pkg,,. I do not thnk I will sell it. I might trade for a good banker with a progressive mind and lending athority in Kentucky. The only thing I want more than this car is a good bank to grow with.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:35 AM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by supercup
If specified correctly by your dealer it will hit all stitched areas of the car, including all exclusive options, the steering wheel, the gear shift, and the brake handle. I do agree the dev./contrast stitch you get in black works well.

Jim while green stitiching might seem a bit over the top, why not if you get green paint. I will post pictures of my car when it arrives.

I have spec'd my Orange car with Orange dev. stitiching in the entire car. The original completion date was 1/10/07, actual was 1/9/07, so no delay for dev. stitching in my case.

Good luck with your spec, but as Moody says it won't matter when you are driving what it looks like, only when sitting in the garage.

JCM
JCM, I'm not so sure deviated stitching will hit certain areas. Was there a separate option code for wheel/handbrake/door (alcantara areas)?

I decided against it b/c I was not assured that it would hit all stitched areas, both alcanatara and leather.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: RS interior question div. stiching