Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

1st Trackday in the RS today !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 09:22 AM
stefan einz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glenn

Great pictures of a fabulous car. I will be at Silverstone this coming Saturday in my Mk2 with Gold Track.

I must say that each time I see and read about the 997, I get tempted to place an order. But the real test - the head over heart question - is how much better the on track performance is versus a fully Manthey'd 996 GT3 (as mine is). From what you've written, I'd surmise that braking stability and confidence in the rear end are two big leaps forward.

The heart, however, has already made it's mind up.

Kind regards

Steve
Old 01-15-2007, 09:58 AM
GlennMc
Racer

Originally Posted by stefan einz
Glenn

Great pictures of a fabulous car. I will be at Silverstone this coming Saturday in my Mk2 with Gold Track.

I must say that each time I see and read about the 997, I get tempted to place an order. But the real test - the head over heart question - is how much better the on track performance is versus a fully Manthey'd 996 GT3 (as mine is). From what you've written, I'd surmise that braking stability and confidence in the rear end are two big leaps forward.

The heart, however, has already made it's mind up.

Kind regards

Steve

Steve,

As you prbably know, my old MKII had the Manthey K410, and their suspension, it was a very sorted track weapon.

The RS is just that 5-10% more stable in many areas than my last car.
This in turn, gives you more confidence to push on, where the last car had the odd nervous moment now and then, which knocks the confidence of an average driver like me.

The hard thing is putting a price on this, which in your case as it was in mine, means putting around £50k on top of your car to get one...that's a whole lot of money for the above gain, but if you're like me, then you just gotta have one

G.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Max Power
Racer

thanks for the review and pics
Old 01-15-2007, 12:14 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default new here...first post

That is one bad *** car! I have known since I was a kid that I wanted a 911...that feeling has gone through the roof since seeing the RS, especially the orang one.
How is it that you get to drive it on a race course? How often do you get that opportunity?

Thanks and congrats!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:45 PM
GlennMc
Racer

Originally Posted by paver
How is it that you get to drive it on a race course? How often do you get that opportunity?

Thanks and congrats!

Trackdays are common in the UK and the USA, and i get to do it a couple of times per month

G.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Mad Manx
Instructor

Originally Posted by GlennMc
Steve,

As you prbably know, my old MKII had the Manthey K410, and their suspension, it was a very sorted track weapon.

The RS is just that 5-10% more stable in many areas than my last car.
This in turn, gives you more confidence to push on, where the last car had the odd nervous moment now and then, which knocks the confidence of an average driver like me.

The hard thing is putting a price on this, which in your case as it was in mine, means putting around £50k on top of your car to get one...that's a whole lot of money for the above gain, but if you're like me, then you just gotta have one

G.

And, presumably, it's a better road car for the times it's being used between circuits?

For a lot of people that would justify the extra cost.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great writeup & photos too!
Old 01-16-2007, 07:37 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: 1st Trackday in the RS today !!!