Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Will color selection impact resale value

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple of good pics of a white GT3 'in the wild'....http://cgi.ebay.com/PORSCHE-GT3-BIAN...QQcmdZViewItem

(geeez, really illustrates weak dollar/euro -- starting bid @ US $170K for a USED Gt3!)
Old 12-27-2006, 03:00 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Not fair though to make that dollar conversion since nobody would buy a Euro car from the US. Hence, your observation of the USD in the toilet against the Euro.

FYI....that ad is in GBP not Euro.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LVDell
Not fair though to make that dollar conversion since nobody would buy a Euro car from the US. Hence, your observation of the USD in the toilet against the Euro.

FYI....that ad is in GBP not Euro.
I used to export American cars to Europe, and relative dollar strength/GBP/deutschmark meant feast or famine for my business. Nothing new, I was merely pointing out disparity btwn US/EU prices for virtually the same spec GT3, British pound moving roughly proportional to euro.... U.S. dollar was at ~$1.75/GBP when I was exporting-- I'd have a house on the Amalfi coast if I could've gotten $1.96/GBP exchange rate back then!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:09 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

You ain't kidding! Pains me to say it as a Republican, but ever since we elected OUR candidate to office the dollar has gone straight into the toilet
Old 12-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
You ain't kidding! Pains me to say it as a Republican, but ever since we elected OUR candidate to office the dollar has gone straight into the toilet
Excellent conditions for Canadians purchasing US cars after years of getting screwed on the currency exchange.

Thanks Dubya.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:08 AM
1whobuys
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
AMEN!!

If you want all those things and the "feel" that is missing in a Turbo go with the "regular" GT3. Less is so much more with the RS.

Hey its your money and I'm never going to tell you how to spend it...don't forget option HMDR, it's a 50 stogie humidor under driver's, err, PIMP'S seat!

Let the pussification of Porsche continue...

Leather because the plastic looks cheap and only adds 5 lbs, Nav because we don't have a local track so we do several timed road rallies to make up for it here in the MidWest of Illinois.

PS.. I like the way leather smells.

Quick Reply: Will color selection impact resale value