Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 Finallly in the Hangar

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 12:47 PM
gweedo911
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations, very nice ride. quick question..
How does the clutch pedal feel compared to the 997 clutch?

TIA. Enjoy!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

I went for a ride in Joe's car this afternoon - wow!!! I have owned 930 Turbo's, an RS America, an M-3 and none of these cars comes even close to acceleration and handling that the GT-3 has! The ride is firm but very acceptable, the interior is perfect even without full leather, adaptive sport seats and a whole host of other options that I ordered on my car. After seeing Joe's car I feel that I may have wasted some money on interior options. In my opinion, the stock interior is nice enough that you really do not need to add alot of fluff. I wish that I could have seen a GT-3 in the "flesh" prior to ordering mine.

Even though I did not order white, I think in may be the perfect color for a GT-3. The car has a real presence in white. Those of you who ordered white will not be disappointed!

I came away from the experience knowing that I have ordered one of the best cars on the planet. For those of you who are beating yourselves up because you did not snag an RS, I say the regular GT-3 is still a supercar and go buy one while you can!

Thanks Joe for sharing your GT-3 with me today! It is going to be hell to wait another 2 months until my car shows up!

Take care everyone!

Mark
Old 12-15-2006, 11:07 PM
RS 197
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gweedo911
Congratulations, very nice ride. quick question..
How does the clutch pedal feel compared to the 997 clutch?

TIA. Enjoy!
Funny you asked. I was just thinking about that very questons. When I drove my 997 in town. the clutch felt bulky and touchy. I would find myself killing it. Especially in the Sport Mode. The GT3 is amazing. A little stiff but super easy to shift, The shifter itself is crisp and not too short. 200 miles on it all around town and all in the rain. the car feels shifts like a Honda on the steets. With more toque than you can amagine. I have a 3.8 RS Varioram in a 2200 pound car. It puts out just over 300 hp. I thought that car pulled hard. This car puts it back on the trailer.

The car comes alive like nothing I have experienced. Good thing for the traction control. Driving in wet/dry road combinations got a little tricky. Full throtle on ramp turns, runs into wet pavement. the tracktion control saved my ***. It is very suttle and just collects the car and lets you get back on it.
I have driven them all, this one is a keeper. I find myself aimlessly driving all over. It is not like I am new to this. i have owned over 20 911's none have had this effect on me.

I will keep you posted as I continue torturing myself shifting at 5,000 rpm. (At least I am trying to)

Joe
Old 12-15-2006, 11:11 PM
RS 197
Pro

Originally Posted by Mark FM
I went for a ride in Joe's car this afternoon - wow!!! I have owned 930 Turbo's, an RS America, an M-3 and none of these cars comes even close to acceleration and handling that the GT-3 has! The ride is firm but very acceptable, the interior is perfect even without full leather, adaptive sport seats and a whole host of other options that I ordered on my car. After seeing Joe's car I feel that I may have wasted some money on interior options. In my opinion, the stock interior is nice enough that you really do not need to add alot of fluff. I wish that I could have seen a GT-3 in the "flesh" prior to ordering mine.

Even though I did not order white, I think in may be the perfect color for a GT-3. The car has a real presence in white. Those of you who ordered white will not be disappointed!

I came away from the experience knowing that I have ordered one of the best cars on the planet. For those of you who are beating yourselves up because you did not snag an RS, I say the regular GT-3 is still a supercar and go buy one while you can!

Thanks Joe for sharing your GT-3 with me today! It is going to be hell to wait another 2 months until my car shows up!

Take care everyone!

Mark
Mark,

Nice to see you. The hangar is open 9-5 5 days a week. If you need to get a little fix You are always welcome.

Can't wait to see yours in Blue. It will look great.

Joe
Old 12-15-2006, 11:18 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RS 197
i have owned over 20 911's none have had this effect on me.
WOW, now that's positive feedback thanks, can't wait
Old 12-16-2006, 01:35 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,502 Likes on 2,277 Posts

Originally Posted by RS 197
I have driven them all, this one is a keeper. I find myself aimlessly driving all over. It is not like I am new to this. i have owned over 20 911's none have had this effect on me.

Joe
joe, this is very very encouraging to hear and makes me even more antsy to wait for mine to show up in may....

is may the months after december?

i drove colm's 997gt3 (thanx buddy), the clutch is heavier than 997 but lighter than 996gt3 and the gear shifter is wonderful, short but not too short, precise but not notchy.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:47 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Hey Joe,
Awesome car!!! One word of advice; please get a real camera!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:29 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 502 Likes on 334 Posts

Congrats.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Big Red
Advanced

Got a call from my dealer today and my car is in port. He is trying to get ti to his store by Thursday. I leave town for a week for Xmas and would just die if it were at Porsche and I could not get to it until the 26th. Mine is Red and I ordered OZ black with polished rim wheels to put on. I think with the red having all of the black accents it does, that the mostly black wheels will really look good. Hearing you guys talk about how much you like the new GT3 makes me so anxious I can't stand it. Will send pictures and thoughts when I get it this week or if not right after Xmas.

Big Red
Old 12-18-2006, 06:38 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Red
Got a call from my dealer today and my car is in port. He is trying to get ti to his store by Thursday. I leave town for a week for Xmas and would just die if it were at Porsche and I could not get to it until the 26th. Mine is Red and I ordered OZ black with polished rim wheels to put on. I think with the red having all of the black accents it does, that the mostly black wheels will really look good. Hearing you guys talk about how much you like the new GT3 makes me so anxious I can't stand it. Will send pictures and thoughts when I get it this week or if not right after Xmas.

Big Red
Hey Big Red - When you swap your wheels, are you planning on keeping the old ones? If not, I might be interested in them...need another set for the track. BTW...you will love the car!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:28 PM
RS 197
Pro

Originally Posted by Big Red

Big Red
I hope your dealer has more pull than mine did. He said he had to send a special transport because the car was so low. It took an extra week and a half to get the thing. Hopefully the port in SC is smaller than California.

Good luck and Mery Christmas.

Joe
Old 12-19-2006, 07:49 AM
Big Red
Advanced

I will either use the original wheels as track or the new black. I will leave everyday on the car the wheels I think look the best. I will also leave everyday the higher rated tires (mileage) I got with the black rims. So I am doing what you want to do by keeping a separate set of wheels and tires for track day. Sorry

Big Red
Old 12-19-2006, 07:49 AM
Big Red
Advanced

Joe I hope my situation is different and I get the car quick.

Big Red

Quick Reply: GT3 Finallly in the Hangar