Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Found a white gt3 sitting on a lot today and ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 01:20 AM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Found a white gt3 sitting on a lot today and ...

Found a white gt3 sitting on a lot today and ...they wanted 30k!!!! over the sticker!

Are the buyers on here getting the gt3's at, below or over sticker?

I was annoyed and left, but I sat in it first What a beast it looks to be.

Greg
Old 12-03-2006, 02:03 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:03 AM
krC2S
Racer

getting MSRP

there seems to be many available NOW just need to call around
Old 12-03-2006, 02:59 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

i think if you dont hav eone on order and wants one that's on the lot already, the current mkt is 20-30k over. sad, but true.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:53 AM
craigsduc
Instructor

I passed on a 20 over white/blk car because i thought 20 was too much...........especially when I found out the dealership is known for ordering most of their cars for themselves to sell with heavy markups. I call it greed and passed. Up to that point, the dealership said they would not take anything south of 20 and that if i was not sure i wanted it for that, there were 3 buyers in line for up to 30 over! I think it was a typical dealership ploy as i think the car was still available. They also had two used black turbos for over msrp that they claimed they bought for way over sticker which i passed on to buy 1 for msrp at another local dealer.................which i did...............and is now residing in my garage. I passed on the GT3 also because i have an RS coming in June and wanted the two year old to come along sometimes in the meantime so the legal/comfortable rears were needed. Nice car...............not a GT2.........but still a very nice car! I,m hoping by the time the RS gets hear, the need for a rear seat dilemma will be resolved. If not, I will probably sell my spot and order a RGT with rears.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:13 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craigsduc
If not, I will probably sell my spot and order a RGT with rears.
Do people really do that? sell their "spot'? You just claimed to not want to have to pay over msrp and yet would like to pass along your spot for a "Vig"???

what's the deal w/ that?
Old 12-05-2006, 03:09 AM
craigsduc
Instructor

easy now.....................if i was to sell my spot.......................and someone was willing to pay a reasonable fee to have it.................thats their choice. It obviously would be worth it to them. I really dont have a problem with people ( including dealers ) selling their own car ( or a reasonable percentage of their allocation in the case of dealers ) for over msrp. Its the old law of supply and demand. I,ve payed over msrp before and don,t feel like I was taken as it was a choice I made...............albeit a really stupid one at that...............but still it was my choice. There are those that have bought early cars for the sole purpose of reselling them at a profit. I have never done that nor would I ever do that.....but in the event I buy the RS............really want a rear seat for the little one and decide not to install one............and not to keep the tt for the three seat occaisional needs............I might sell the car ............and for over msrp if the market was there. If someone payed me my price..........I could still sleep just fine. As for actually selling my spot, the chance that it would happen is far less than the chance a male deer bot fly has of survival after impacting the front air dam of the RS at 193 mph..............I suppose I really should have said " my RS "...........not " spot ".......................................
Old 12-05-2006, 07:55 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craigsduc
easy now.....................if i was to sell my spot.......................and someone was willing to pay a reasonable fee to have it.................thats their choice. It obviously would be worth it to them. I really dont have a problem with people ( including dealers ) selling their own car ( or a reasonable percentage of their allocation in the case of dealers ) for over msrp. Its the old law of supply and demand. I,ve payed over msrp before and don,t feel like I was taken as it was a choice I made...............albeit a really stupid one at that...............but still it was my choice. There are those that have bought early cars for the sole purpose of reselling them at a profit. I have never done that nor would I ever do that.....but in the event I buy the RS............really want a rear seat for the little one and decide not to install one............and not to keep the tt for the three seat occaisional needs............I might sell the car ............and for over msrp if the market was there. If someone payed me my price..........I could still sleep just fine. As for actually selling my spot, the chance that it would happen is far less than the chance a male deer bot fly has of survival after impacting the front air dam of the RS at 193 mph..............I suppose I really should have said " my RS "...........not " spot ".......................................
OK; I think this can easily be resolved with you getting the car with back seats and taking Icon's orginal $0.50 offer for the RS spot and everyone will be happy ...your conscience would feel better, Jeff would feel better and we would all "feel the love" ............DO IT!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:37 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Simple economic fact...more buyers than cars.

At my dealership they recived their first GT3, car prepped and ready to go, buyer who was on a wait list since April, ordered the car comes in, looks at car, talks to wife, and deciedes not to take the car at MSRP.
Another salesperson watching the deal fizzle, gets on the phone, has a serious buyer who came in that same day and paid +10k (market adjustment) and drove away, smiling.

A similar situation exists with the Turbo as well, more buyers than cars.

The So Cal market is tight, there is a dealer or so that just built cars for stock, put them on the floor at even higher Market Adjustments.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Jewels
Rennlist Member

Waiting since July for mine at MSRP...supposed to be in Jan....was told the more options the longer the wait.
Mine is pretty standard with optional paint....not on the boat yet.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones

At my dealership they recived their first GT3, car prepped and ready to go, buyer who was on a wait list since April, ordered the car comes in, looks at car, talks to wife, and deciedes not to take the car at MSRP.
Another salesperson watching the deal fizzle, gets on the phone, has a serious buyer who came in that same day and paid +10k (market adjustment) and drove away, smiling.

A similar situation exists with the Turbo as well, more buyers than cars.

The So Cal market is tight, there is a dealer or so that just built cars for stock, put them on the floor at even higher Market Adjustments.

this situation IMO is ok. it's law of supply demand.
what i find unacceptable is when dealer takes YOUR deposit, then return it to you, so they can order the car the way THEY want, push you out of your spot and sell YOUR car at above msrp. i saw a thread like this on 6speed. i feel that is just way wrong.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i think if you dont hav eone on order and wants one that's on the lot already, the current mkt is 20-30k over. sad, but true.
Seriously?
So who wants to pay me $30K for mine?
(yes, I can be bought for a measly $30K ...)
ps. Jeff, I understand your offer of $0.50 stands.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:07 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

From what I have seen, 5-10k over for a GT3 that is on the lot or shortly inbound seems to be the "fair" market price, as far as vehicles actually changing hands (I've seen 6-7 transactions at those prices).

Old 12-05-2006, 02:25 PM
craigsduc
Instructor

I agree 5 to 10 k over if you have to have it now seems fair. I,m glad the one I was considering was 20 over as it made it much easier to make the decision to opt for the tt.......................with the RS coming in May/June. It has proven to be the right choice. I do think we are going to see spots for sale on Ebay soon for the incoming Rs,s...........................just not mine! If I do decide to sell it ( not likely ) it will be after I properly break it in ............of course! thumbup:
Old 12-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones

Supply/demand...I agree that this situation is fine. Nobody here complains when they get $10k off a car late in the model year.

Not as bad as the rumored RS scam at Pioneer in SD, but another shady scenario is when a dealer will offer some of the markup to an early spot-holder for their car, in exchange for an 'extra' car coming in another month or two...bumping everybody else down the line.

Quick Reply: Found a white gt3 sitting on a lot today and ...