Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

MSRP only.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:53 PM
997TTS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MSRP.

Nr.1 car

White car with black trim not available according to PCNA.

Maybe Black car with all black trim.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:56 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,783 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by 997TTS
MSRP.

Nr.1 car

White car with black trim not available according to PCNA.

Maybe Black car with all black trim.
white car is available
black trim may not be.
if you like, buy white and pay some one to dupliate the decals in black.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:37 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

This really is a shame. Remember, the early bird deposits were on an RS with unknown features which shows some degree of trust by the buyer.

I think the legal approach will be necessary even if all you had was a gentlemens agreement. You need to be on the telephone with details to PCNA.

I never got an answer from you guys that got burned. Did you have your AGREEMENT IN WRITING with the dealership?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:19 PM
mrhude
Racer

This is the email I received after giving my Am. Ex. card to the salesman for the $ 5K deposit on 11/6/06:

"Thank you for your interest. This confirms that we will hold the order spot
for our GT-3 RS for you. The car will not be sold over MSRP. Our deposit will
be $5000. to hold the car and applied to the purchase price of the car. Look
forward to seeing you Thursday. Thanks XXX"

I got a call Monday night saying that they were ready for me to come in and spec my RS for a June Build as I am no. 1 on the list. Oh, by the way there will be a fair market value adjustment made to the car if you want it. How much and why aren't you honoring your earlier committment?? We don't have to honor this agreement as we never charged your card and the salesman didn't get approval for this prior to sending you the email. After talking with my atty, I may not have much to go on if they didn't charge my card, contract was never consumated. I can not believe the greed and dishonesty of these people!!! I am waiting for a call in the morning to start "new negotiations" according to the general manager. His email was very huffy as he interpreted my last email as a demand that they honor their original offer. Go figure??

I did call Porsche customer service and reported this issue. Their response was that they only build them and service them, the dealer can and will do whatever they want. I quoted the mission statement to the young guy from their website about being true to their customer base and all. The young guy just said sorry. I also tried to call Peter Schwarzenbauer and got to talk with his secretary. Apparently Peter puts his pants on differently every morning than me and doesn't have time to take a call from a concerned enthusiast of 38 years. They clearly don't give a flying crap!!!

Is this car really worth all of this grief?? I wanted to buy a car that I thought would be fun, unique, and hold its value over time. If I pass on this car is anyone else interested?? Only downside is you will have to work with low order pond scum passing themselves off as honorable people "only looking out for the dealer's interests." Screw Porsche and the horse they rode in on, I am so frustrated I am seriously considering selling all three of mine and finding a new passion.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:35 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

On the Surface PCNA is correct, according to the Franchise laws the Dealer can do as he pleases.

Behind the scenes the Dealer will get grief, and repeated complaints will cost him allocations.

I would try the soft approach with yur Dealer and point out the Power of the internet, and how his reputation might be impacted through websites like this. Is the "extra" profit worth the looming potential of lost sales?

I assume you will name this Dealer if he doesn't have a change of heart. You might point out that Pioneer in San Diego tried a similar "holdup" with inflated options and it backfired, causing them to reverse course, but they in essence shot themselves in the foot, and it will take them along time and many discounts to overcome the problem they created. See the thread over on 6Speed about the 997 RS order gone wrong.

I can understand your frustration.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:09 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

too late their is always somebody willing. When I had Bmer's I offered MSRP for a M3 that was order by a customer who backed out. The sale manager said no way $7,500 over. I walked someone esle took the deal within 4 days.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:31 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhude
This is the email I received after giving my Am. Ex. card to the salesman for the $ 5K deposit on 11/6/06:

"Thank you for your interest. This confirms that we will hold the order spot
for our GT-3 RS for you. The car will not be sold over MSRP. Our deposit will
be $5000. to hold the car and applied to the purchase price of the car. Look
forward to seeing you Thursday. Thanks XXX"

I got a call Monday night saying that they were ready for me to come in and spec my RS for a June Build as I am no. 1 on the list. Oh, by the way there will be a fair market value adjustment made to the car if you want it. How much and why aren't you honoring your earlier committment?? We don't have to honor this agreement as we never charged your card and the salesman didn't get approval for this prior to sending you the email. After talking with my atty, I may not have much to go on if they didn't charge my card, contract was never consumated. I can not believe the greed and dishonesty of these people!!! I am waiting for a call in the morning to start "new negotiations" according to the general manager. His email was very huffy as he interpreted my last email as a demand that they honor their original offer. Go figure??

I did call Porsche customer service and reported this issue. Their response was that they only build them and service them, the dealer can and will do whatever they want. I quoted the mission statement to the young guy from their website about being true to their customer base and all. The young guy just said sorry. I also tried to call Peter Schwarzenbauer and got to talk with his secretary. Apparently Peter puts his pants on differently every morning than me and doesn't have time to take a call from a concerned enthusiast of 38 years. They clearly don't give a flying crap!!!

Is this car really worth all of this grief?? I wanted to buy a car that I thought would be fun, unique, and hold its value over time. If I pass on this car is anyone else interested?? Only downside is you will have to work with low order pond scum passing themselves off as honorable people "only looking out for the dealer's interests." Screw Porsche and the horse they rode in on, I am so frustrated I am seriously considering selling all three of mine and finding a new passion.
Michael...I understand your disgust and anger. As the old cliche goes "don't get mad, get even", here are a few , perhaps radical , ways of doing good.

1) Name the dealer on these forums...causes shame, possibly loss of businesss to the dealer, and serves the enthusiast community.

2) Fire off a bunch of letters to the CEO, legal counsel and PR at PCNA and Porsche in Stuttgart.

3) Write letters to the editors of your local newspapers, radio & TV talk shows.

4) Finally, if you have the time and means...file a lawsuit against the dealer.

Sometimes, if one is incensed enough, a man's gotta do the right thing!

Cheers!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:38 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Colm
mjb

Which Dealer? We can take care of him pretty easily!

Dosesn't sound like a major player since he is only getting two cars

Maybe his practices are preventing him from becoming a player?
Colm,

Since it was just some sales guy yacking I'd just as soon not "out them" yet. I don't have any confirmation or know the circumstances of how they dealt with the allocation since I wasn't on their RS list and then screwed. But I suspect it is the case - where there's smoke...
Hopefully someone that has dealt directly with them on the RS will weigh in with stronger confirmation. ALso, it will be pretty obvious if people notice that these guys have an RS available for auction in a few months.
Sorry for wussing out (although I have responded to a PM on this) but there's no sense in flaming them until better evidence is available. We'll know soon enough.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:38 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

mrhude, please do not give up. Try the Better Business Bureau in your area, I think they will give you free advice on your options.

Having the e-mail is good but you stated that the dealership management says it wasn't an approved deal. BBB may find that to be convenient and deliberate deception by the dealership leaving the consumer with nothing. Did you get anything in writing signed by the dealership? Any witnesses? The not charging your credti card sounds like another dealership trick.

I have no problem with Porsche Dealerships trying to make the most profit on a hot selling product. When the market softens they have "sales" and maybe they even lose money on some units. Good Times / Bad Times average out to some normal level of profit. HOWEVER, when they make a deal or contract with a customer they must abide by it! Proper contracts and non refundable deposits might be the order of the day for Porsche customer orders these days.

Quick Reply: GT3RS MSRP or over?