Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3RS MSRP or over?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the name and number of the Porsche Regional Rep. and make a call.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:26 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I think you have a case if you made a deposit and have your mutual agreement in writing with the cost figures. Assuming you did this before the actual prices were published you should have wording in your agreement reflecting MSRP for the base car and MSRP for any options, or some percentage higher and lower of MSRP. An actual dollar figure would not have been possible if you ordered early.

Market adjustment would not count if you have the above in writing. The only thing that would matter is if Porsche AG raises the MSRP publicly. That happened to me once during one model year production run, Porsche AG raised the MSRP 2/3 of the way into the production cycle. My car had not been built yet and it was in the latter part of the run, so I had to pay the increased price.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:46 PM
smdand
1st Gear

I have retained an attorney to go after the _______ dealer who took a $10,000 deposit from me in July as his #1 and only person on the GT3 RS list only to have him get a car and decide to put it up for bid instead of selling it to me for MSRP plus market adjustment as we agreed when I placed the deposit.
My attorney requests that I get the names/city locations of dealers who have agreed to sell their GT3 RS at MSRP. I need your help in getting these dealer names by Monday, Dec 11. I need a good strong case when I tell my story to the judge next week.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:05 AM
frayed
Race Car

This is disgusting. Quite a different story if, going in, RS hopefuls knew they would be subject to the market winds when they put down their cash. Now, this late in the game, to seek to pillage Porsche's most hard core, enthusiastic customers is FOCKING ABSURD.

The real issue is that PCNA and PAG let's these scumbags get away with it. They have the power to stop these practices but decide not to.

They should learn from Ferrari. Tell people up front what they are in for over sticker, or sell at MSRP with a right of first refusal to buy the car back at MSRP w/i year to prevent 'flipping.' Not saying Ferrari is some bastion of integrity, but at least you're told up front that your getting housed.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
This is disgusting. Quite a different story if, going in, RS hopefuls new they would be subject to the market winds when they put down their cash. Now, this late in the game, to seek to pillage Porsche's most hard core, enthusiastic customers is FOCKING ABSURD.

The real issue is that PCNA and PAG let's these scumbags get away with it. They have the power to stop these practices but decide not to.

They should learn from Ferrari. Tell people up front what they are in for over sticker, or sell at MSRP with a right of first refusal to buy the car back at MSRP w/i year to prevent 'flipping.' Not saying Ferrari, but at least you're told up front that your getting housed.
+1
Old 12-06-2006, 12:49 AM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by krC2S
even worse one dealer ordered the car as they like it and will bring it to the showroom and then
bidding starts..so you get a car over MSRP and not even have the chance to order it as you want!
Yup. Killing time chatting with a salesman at a dealer here in the SF Bay Area; asked him how many RS's they were allocated. He said 2 but the owner was keeping one and he would most likely put the other on the floor for auction. I told him that sucked and others were being honored their place in line for MSRP. He said he couldn't imagine any dealer doing that and PCNA had no control over what dealers did. What a dick. I'm sure other dealers around here are more scrupulous....at least I hope so.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:06 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

mjb

Which Dealer? We can take care of him pretty easily!

Dosesn't sound like a major player since he is only getting two cars

Maybe his practices are preventing him from becoming a player?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:55 AM
Spark84
Intermediate

I'm in the Bay Area. I switched from the GT3 to the RS list when the RS was announced. The dealer got two RSs. I was first on their list. And the dealer kept its word to sell to me at list.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:05 AM
craigsduc
Instructor

Originally Posted by smdand
I have retained an attorney to go after the _______ dealer who took a $10,000 deposit from me in July as his #1 and only person on the GT3 RS list only to have him get a car and decide to put it up for bid instead of selling it to me for MSRP plus market adjustment as we agreed when I placed the deposit.
My attorney requests that I get the names/city locations of dealers who have agreed to sell their GT3 RS at MSRP. I need your help in getting these dealer names by Monday, Dec 11. I need a good strong case when I tell my story to the judge next week.
Rusnak Westlake Village California sold me the RS ( # 2 of 2 allocated) at MSRP as promised..........................its called honor and integrity........so take note of ALL of the dealers that are pulling scams and spread the word in a legal way to all, Perhaps we all can seriously hurt the pocketbook of these greedy dealers. PCNA seriously needs to get involved, They listened to us regarding the Sunroof dilemma on RS,s............................we all should let them know what is happening. The squeeky wheel gets greased...................
Old 12-06-2006, 02:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,783 Likes on 2,371 Posts

we should all chime in with the NAMES of the bad dealers.
i have no qualm disclosing any of it, if my dealer tries to stiff me.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:53 AM
zellamsee
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 36 Posts

Here, here -- agree 100% and will do same if my dealer tries anything funny
Old 12-06-2006, 03:03 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Spark84
I'm in the Bay Area. I switched from the GT3 to the RS list when the RS was announced. The dealer got two RSs. I was first on their list. And the dealer kept its word to sell to me at list.
your a lucky man .I just lost my chance in getting one here in the bay area and I gave them my deposit since the start of the year. they are only getting 2 and guess what? Im no. 3
Old 12-06-2006, 10:09 AM
frayed
Race Car

Here is he description of the PCNA:

In September of 1984, Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), became the exclusive importer, marketer, and distributor of Porsche automobiles for the United States. The headquarters are located in Atlanta, Georgia, and PCNA also has three service training centers and a network of "field" employees who are located in major cities throughout the U.S., providing sales, service, and parts support to the dealerships.

Porsche Motorsport North America provides racing assistance, parts and service from their home base in Southern California. Porsche Logistics Services, LLC provides parts distribution from Ontario, CA and Atlanta, GA.

Today, Porsche has approximately 250 North American personnel, all committed to providing the kind of dealer and customer support for which Porsche has long been known for.

The most valuable capital this company has is its loyal customers with their sense of Porsche responsibility. The most valuable support for this company is its work force and its tradition of outstanding performance.
While perhaps PCNA does not have specific controls over pricing and sales practices over a single dealer, a single car, they appear to have authority over allocations and the like. Bottom line is that PCNA should issue strong statements to the dealers about unfair practices and put teeth in it: repurcussions in terms of car allocations, access to fleet vehicles, certain kickback or pricing concessions normally provided to dealers.

PCNA should put measures in place to prevent this schit. Certainly it does not benefit from the attendant bad press, and only makes their job harder: to serve the North American market which continues to be ever so important to PAG.

The bottom line is that these scumbag dealers took customer's money and promised or at least intimated MSRP when it was convenient for them. After seeing the market get hot for these vehicles (a function of low production), they decide to pick the pockets of the most hard core porsche enthusiasts.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:52 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

We should find out how much it'll cost for a full page add in Excellence with a simple list of the dealers that are reputable and those that are scum!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:14 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,783 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
We should find out how much it'll cost for a full page add in Excellence with a simple list of the dealers that are reputable and those that are scum!

i will chip in for that.
someone organize it, let me know where to send $.

like frayed mentioned, it's one thing when dealer tells you before hand you are to be hosed, but it's quite another when they screw you from behind.

Quick Reply: GT3RS MSRP or over?