Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sport Chrono Question for GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Rob Wolford
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Sport Chrono Question for GT3RS

Does anybody know if you have to order the sport chrono option in order to get the "sport" button in the GT3RS, which offers edgier suspension/traction control settings, and also keeps the muffler baffles open?

I believe you had to order the sport chrono button on a regular 997 to get it's version of a sport button, but I'm 99% sure that IS NOT the case with the GT3/GT3RS.

I don't want the sport chrono option, but I want to confirm that I don't need it in order to get an other desirable goodies. Does anybody around here know for certain????

Thanks to all!

Rob
Old 11-29-2006, 07:47 PM
LAJ_996
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

no, its not needed
Old 11-30-2006, 02:25 AM
RS 197
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Wolford
Does anybody know if you have to order the sport chrono option in order to get the "sport" button in the GT3RS, which offers edgier suspension/traction control settings, and also keeps the muffler baffles open?

I believe you had to order the sport chrono button on a regular 997 to get it's version of a sport button, but I'm 99% sure that IS NOT the case with the GT3/GT3RS.

I don't want the sport chrono option, but I want to confirm that I don't need it in order to get an other desirable goodies. Does anybody around here know for certain????

Thanks to all!

Rob

Just get the wart Rob. I did ( By accident, the stupid dealer said I needed it to get the Sport Button, when I found out the truth it was too late.)

It is now a fact that you don't have to have it to get the sport setting goodies

Besides you will need it for all that track time you are going to get this year. The crew from Portland will be at Infineon and Thunder Hill at least twice each. Smith has also talked of an appearance.

See you there.

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono Question for GT3RS