Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

US 997 GT3 Almost Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 09:37 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts
Default US 997 GT3 Almost Delivered

I got to see a new 997 GT3 at my local dealer that will be delivered soon. The car is just awesome. I am not a big fan of White, but the car just looks Sooo good, and after seeing the color I like it.

Just so happens that the new owner stopped by when I was looking at his new car. Four other people stopped by just to look at the car before I did, so I was in good company. The car is going to live as a street car and will not see the track. Also, the are is highly optioned with a sticker north of $120K with items like adaptive heated seats, full leather, red seat belts, painted center console and a trim that looked like a black gloss finish, sport chrono.

The areodynamic changes on the car are really good looking and probably help with the handling. I did not realize the car comes stock with MPSC tires out of the box. The alcantera looks very sweet. The front splitter is much different from the 996 GT3 and is going to cause a lot of scrapping issues. The thing is at least 3 inches and is much more substantial with the 996 GT3 -- so the parking lot entrances are going to cost a lot of money to replace.

As beautiful as the car looks I can't seem to justify the 40k-50K difference for my 996 GT3 then I would have to put in rollbar, harnesses, seats, etc.. which adds even more.

See the link for some of the pictures of the car at the dealer before it was sent to the detail shop.

http://rrideout.com/cars/porsche997gt3.htm
Old 11-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmmm. Clear front corner marker lenses. Somebody else said the dealer put those in as a "gift" ...
Old 11-11-2006, 11:49 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Hmmm. Clear front corner marker lenses. Somebody else said the dealer put those in as a "gift" ...
Dealer must have already replaced them on it. They come with yellow markers (I was there when he pulled them off mine...he even gave me the old ones). Check out the photos of the other white GT3s (Like the one on ebay from BH)... they all have yellow. I would have never noticed or thought of it had it not been for the sales guy, but it sure looks a hell of a lot better!
Attached Images    
Old 11-12-2006, 12:27 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

You guys don't miss anything. Yes, the dealer told me he replaced the corner marker lenses with clear ones.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:21 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

are those different cars? in one pic the car has what appears to be white painted rim spokes and on the other they are stock color?
Old 11-13-2006, 04:49 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
are those different cars? in one pic the car has what appears to be white painted rim spokes and on the other they are stock color?
different car at different dealers.

Quick Reply: US 997 GT3 Almost Delivered