Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Gallardo vs 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 06:22 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray G

So what do you really think about the 997?

Seriously, how do think the 997 GT3 compares with the 996 GT3?
How do I think the 997 GT3 compares to the 996 GT3?

Big caveat, I treat the GT3 and GT3RS as daily driver street car, remember I'm based in Germany. I like having things like a Navigation system and a decent mobile phone interface, because its a tool for travelling long distances at reasonable speeds (luckily reasonable in Germany can mean as fast as the car will go).
There is less understeer, the suspension is more fluid, the engine has a sharper edge to it. The hard suspension setting is overkill for road use and actually slower round the Nürburgring, The brakes felt better than the 997TT set up, which left me looking for more retardation in extremis.
Racing types will like the shorter throw gear change.

R+C
Old 11-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Ray G
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
How do I think the 997 GT3 compares to the 996 GT3?

Big caveat, I treat the GT3 and GT3RS as daily driver street car, remember I'm based in Germany. I like having things like a Navigation system and a decent mobile phone interface, because its a tool for travelling long distances at reasonable speeds (luckily reasonable in Germany can mean as fast as the car will go).
There is less understeer, the suspension is more fluid, the engine has a sharper edge to it. The hard suspension setting is overkill for road use and actually slower round the Nürburgring, The brakes felt better than the 997TT set up, which left me looking for more retardation in extremis.
Racing types will like the shorter throw gear change.

R+C
I too have no problem driving my GT3 as a daily driver. I like the rawness of the 996 GT3. I hope the new one has that same raw feel.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:46 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

I've seldom seen such a close BENCH race!

Quick Reply: Gallardo vs 997 GT3