Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Auto Magazine Feedback List for Sunroof Comments

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:16 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Auto Magazine Feedback List for Sunroof Comments

I just sent a note to 4 magazines - Excellence, Automobile, R&T, and C&D. Here's the contact information I used:

Excellence - http://www.excellence-mag.com/E-editor.html
Automobile - feedback@automobilemag.com
R&T - sconroy@hfnm.com
C&D - editors@caranddriver.com

I mentioned at the top that my letter was not for publication as an editorial, but rather just as a sharing of interesting information. My suggestion was that if they were not already working on it, they might want to investigate. I can just imagine the press that fell in love with the Euro GT3 recently wondering at how Porsche could only offer the 997 GT3 and therefore the RS with a sunroof.

We'll see if I get a response...
Old 06-20-2006, 08:35 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Excellent.

Maybe we should contact the Corvette Club and they can hammer Porsche AG and the Porsche Clubs too. I'm not being funny or sarcastic I mean it. We need all the help we can get !

I was looking forward to a proper GT3 RS someday...
Old 06-20-2006, 10:26 PM
AW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent! I hope they will review the threads on this message board and others. Negative press feedback could pressure Porsche to do the right thing.

AW
Old 06-23-2006, 06:13 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great idea. The stellar reviews this car received from these mags had no hole on top. Kinda like bait and switch.
Jack
Old 06-23-2006, 06:25 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

E-mails sent to all four mags. Hope it helps even if for only the bad pr for the government idiots or the understandably parsimonious Porsche Co.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:28 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Received an immediate, supportive and appreciative reply from "Pete" at excellence. I'm not sure we should overfill his in box but I think he is as upset as we are.
Jack
Old 06-23-2006, 08:25 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, our friend who responded quickly is up to speed on the issue. He had not before read the threads here, so my contacting him and the others has at a minimum given the press the perspective of this community of enthusiasts.

We will just have to wait and see. Perhaps writers will bring this up in future articles. I cannot imagine that something like the watering down of the RS will be tip-toed around in the motoring press. Something like a sunroof may not be as big a deal to many, but the 997 RSA, especially the flywheel, is something that is sure to get some enthusiasts upset. Without places like this and the press, how else would the consumer know? The glossy brochures and even the online ad at Porsche give you the impression we are getting the same RS they get in the rest of the world market - even better, we get a standard sunroof and cruise control. I'm not sure how many consumers would otherwise realize missing things like the flywheel otherwise.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:17 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Why stop at the sunroof delete, why not ask for the Euro seats as well?

Of course, I doubt it will ever happen, but I do admire your tenacity.....very similar to the locked jaw response of a Rotweiller.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:23 AM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by enthusiast
Excellent.

Maybe we should contact the Corvette Club and they can hammer Porsche AG and the Porsche Clubs too. I'm not being funny or sarcastic I mean it. We need all the help we can get !

I was looking forward to a proper GT3 RS someday...
Glad to be of help !!!

Luv chasing those GT-3's at Barber & Road Atlanta. Two weeks ago, we had a GT-3RS running with Peachstate BMW ( in the instructor's group) at R/A.

Nice RIDE !!!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:40 AM
DMin
Instructor

Originally Posted by ltc
Why stop at the sunroof delete, why not ask for the Euro seats as well?

Of course, I doubt it will ever happen, but I do admire your tenacity.....very similar to the locked jaw response of a Rotweiller.

I believe the issue with the Euro seats is that they lack the side airbags that are mandated by our nannyish DoT here in the colonies.

That's not to say that the regular seats can't be replaced by the end consumer, it's just that Porsche NA can't sell the car from the dealer that way.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 07-20-2006, 02:17 PM
XSpeedFreakX
Instructor

Originally Posted by DMin
I believe the issue with the Euro seats is that they lack the side airbags that are mandated by our nannyish DoT here in the colonies.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Not a bad guess, but it has nothing to do with the GT3 seats not having airbags in the seats. Thorax airbags are not mandated by DOT.

Quick Reply: Auto Magazine Feedback List for Sunroof Comments