Tire Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old Today, 06:09 AM
changster123
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Broncozx
Continental SportContact 7 may be an alternativ
This. I've ran PS4S, Cup2's, RE71RS, Yoko AD09, Nankang CRS, Nankang AR1, SC7 all in the last year on street and track. For the street it's SC7 all day all night. Better than PS4S in the rain and dry with better steering feel. It's also about as fast as Cup 2's if not slightly faster.

Next pick for the way you drive is the AD09, but you'd have to overcome the mental hurdle of running a smaller 295 rear. Most people are too macho to go smaller but the balance is great. I'd take balance over grip all day long, especially for street/canyon driving. The tire itself is an endurance tire. It lasts a long time, has great grip but a level below the RE71RS/CRS but above the Cup2, great sidewall stiffness, and decent rain performance. It's a jack of all trades.

Nankang CRS has a Michelin feel to it... soft. But it's a level faster than a Cup 2.

RE71RS is my favorite tire for dry track by a small margin. As fast as CRS but with a stiffer sidewall and better feel in my opinion. This is purely preference. I know plenty of people who prefer the CRS.

AR1's are a great bargain track tire but not for your use. Horrible on the street.

Cup 2's to me are too 2015. They were great, are still great, but many tires are better now. For you I highly recommend the SC7, followed by the AD09, followed by the PS4S. The reason I put the AD09 ahead of the PS4S is mainly because you haven't used it before. It's exciting to try something new, get a feel for something different. However, if you're driving at 50F/10C a lot then I'd go PS4S, SC7, then AD09.

Sidenote: I only have a 6.2 GT3 although used to own a 7.2 GT3. Description of the tires though don't change between cars.

Quick Reply: Tire Advice Please