Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.2 - GT3/ Aerokit ducting compatibility?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 12:06 AM
AustinSedz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 997.2 - GT3/ Aerokit ducting compatibility?

Hi there,

I have a few quick questions regarding a unique situation with a bumper I’m trying to install.
Long story short, I have a 997.2 GT3 bumper with provisions to the headlights to mount onto a 987.2 Cayman.
The bumper is painted and ready to install, the OEM GT3 grille retaining frames attach to that bumper as they should, along with the fog lights, but my question is regarding the ducting/venting behind the bumper.

I have the part numbers for the OEM GT3 side radiator ducts (99757532291 and 99757532191)
However, the GT3 centre radiator duct is not compatible with my centre radiator because the GT3 radiator is tilted forward and vents upward out of the bumper, where as my radiator is angled backward and vents downward like the C2/C4/GTS cars.

I see the Aerokit bumper is very similar to the GT3 bumper and utilizes different ducting that is compatible with the aerokit bumper cover and the standard tilted radiator for downward venting.
The center duct for that setup is P/N 997-575-141-07.

Is this center radiator duct compatible with the GT3 bumper cover?
Is it compatible with the GT3 side radiator ducts I have listed above?

I am trying to figure out the ducting I need to mount this bumper cover.
Think of it like I’m mounting a 997.2 GT3 bumper with factory GT3 grille retaining frames on a C4S with a factory C4S 3rd radiator kit, and I don’t have the desire to swap over to the GT3 radiator and ‘chimney’ ducting that diverts air out over the hood.
I need the ducts that attach the GT3 bumper cover to my current radiators.

I’d really appreciate the help, it’s the home stretch on this project and I’m just buttoning things together!

Quick Reply: 997.2 - GT3/ Aerokit ducting compatibility?