Shifter Cable Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2024, 09:48 PM
MrDeuce
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Shifter Cable Alignment

Hey fellow RL'ers!

First of all, a big TY to everyone that has posted up RE: shifting issues and how the fix can be as simple as re-adjusting your shifter cables with the shifter alignment tool. Thanks to the helpful tips here and a YouTube video or two, I was easily able to re-align mine and get my reverse (just barely) back. Which brings me to my issue however...

I can get the car in reverse now... this is good... but it is a squeeze to get it in there. The reason, I really need a thread or two more on the adjustment cable on the left. Ideally, with the alignment tool in, the left cable would sit a notch or two towards the rear of the car (bottom of photo). However, as you can see, she's on the very last possible thread with no more to go! I thought about drilling out the plastic sleeve at the back where it wraps tightly around the shaft to get the cable closer to rear (bottom of photo) but stopped myself before butchering anything. Hoping someone else has already encountered this issue and has a better solution!

Let me know your thoughts! As always, thanks in advance for the replies folks.

Quick Reply: Shifter Cable Alignment