Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997 GT2/GT3/RS Carbon Ceramic Kits In Bound!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2023 | 01:06 PM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default 997 GT2/GT3/RS Carbon Ceramic Kits In Bound!!

Hi Guys,
As the official importer for Surface Transforms carbon ceramic rotors I have a massive shipment coming. These discs are a huge improvement over OE Iron or PCCB rotors. They last longer, run cooler, have a greater pad selection, are more durable, and can be refurbished up to 3 times. These are paired with the Pagid RSC1 pads which are noiseless and dustless on the street and yet very capable on track. Much better feel and modulation with the brakes.

These are designed to work with your factory calipers. 997.1 GT kits are also available, but will use the 996 GT3 kits which are 350mm F/R.

We have kits available for the following applications:

997.1 GT2/GT3/RS w/PCCB - 380mm F / 362mm R (18" wheels minimum)
997.1 GT2/GT3/RS w/PCCB - 392mm F / 362mm R (19" wheels minimum)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
997.2 GT2/GT3/RS w/Iron - 380mm F / 362mm R (18" wheels minimum)
997.2 GT2/GT3/RS w/Iron - 392mm F / 362mm R (19" wheels minimum)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
997.2 GT2/GT3/RS w/PCCB - 380mm F / 362mm R (18" wheels minimum)
997.2 GT2/GT3/RS w/PCCB - 392mm F / 362mm R (19" wheels minimum)

Costs:
Rotors: $13,915.00
Pads: $1179.89

Total: $15,094.89

There are a few kits still unspoken for on this shipment so please reach out if you want a set. Otherwise, it will be 6-8 weeks until more arrive.

HINZ MOTORSPORT
Race Parts & Accessories for your PORSCHE
www.HinzMotorsport.com
Call: 414-212-5679
Email: rick@hinzmotorsport.com
Old 09-28-2023 | 12:45 PM
ngng
Drifting

IMO, anybody looking to improve performance and is considering dropping 15k is better off buying a complete BBK.
The following users liked this post:
JRitt@essex (09-29-2023)
Old 09-28-2023 | 03:54 PM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ngng
IMO, anybody looking to improve performance and is considering dropping 15k is better off buying a complete BBK.
On the contrary, these kits are actually perfect for a wide range of users. If you are only chasing lap times in your track/race car and don't care about brake dust, noise, or swapping pads, then yeah a PFC or AP big brake kit may be better suited for you, and we talk through that in those cases.

This kit checks all the boxes for alot of people, and everyone's needs and situation are different. If your car didn't come with PCCBs, or your current PCCB discs are in need of replacement, these discs are a no-brainer when new replacement PCCB discs are well over $20K, and are a simply inferior product compared to STs. A big brake kit isn't going to reduce brake dust, noise, or drop as much weight off the car, which is what many customers want carbon ceramics for in the first place. It just depends on what your needs are.

Customers across the full spectrum buy these, from dust loathers to full-on track rats...

Folks buy these kits for a number of reasons, including some of the following:
  • Owners LOATHE brake dust and noise
  • OE PCCBs are ragged and need replacing
  • The car originally came with iron discs and they now want PCCBs
  • Owner couldn't spec PCCB due to supply chain constraints
  • Owners don't like the feel of the new/current brakes
  • Owners hate switching back and forth between street and race pads
The list goes on and on. Ask anyone who has STs on their car, people love these brakes on both the street and track...

Old 09-29-2023 | 03:15 AM
Sher Khan
Advanced

Would these ST rotors work with non OEM callipers? Say Brembo Big Brake kit callipers which also run 380mm?
Old 09-29-2023 | 01:18 PM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sher Khan
Would these ST rotors work with non OEM callipers? Say Brembo Big Brake kit callipers which also run 380mm?
If you have aftermarket calipers that work with the factory rotors (i.e. same offset), then potentially. In most cases no, however, since the calipers and rotors are usually matched in terms of offsets and annulus. That said, we are working on pairing the PFC calipers with these rotors, so that will be an option.
Old 09-30-2023 | 01:11 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Just want to throw in my $.02 on these. I picked up a set from Hinz and am extremely happy with them. I wanted to retain all the positive characteristics of PCCB's (low dust, low rotating mass; great feel) but also wanted to be able to track occasionally without swapping rotors. My set was lighter than the OEM PCCB's and worked flawlessly on track no concerns for wear. The use case for them may be smaller than those who are singularly track focused but they are really great for mine. I'd highly recommend.
Old 10-04-2023 | 07:59 PM
SapphireGT4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hinz Motorsport
If you have aftermarket calipers that work with the factory rotors (i.e. same offset), then potentially. In most cases no, however, since the calipers and rotors are usually matched in terms of offsets and annulus. That said, we are working on pairing the PFC calipers with these rotors, so that will be an option.
Can you elaborate on the pfc/st combo?
Old 10-05-2023 | 12:29 AM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SapphireGT4
Can you elaborate on the pfc/st combo?
Sure, PFC Brakes and Surface Transforms were looking into a partnership a little over a year ago. A such, PFC had conducted numerous tests with their race calipers and ST rotors. This collaboration fell off and I have since picked it up. The PFC caliper has a low profile, so 380mm discs with PFC calipers will clear 18" wheels in most applications. The initial plan is to have 410/400mm discs which will fit all 991 GT2/3/RS, GT4, and GT4RS models. These will easily clear 19" wheels and allow you to run ceramics. It will basically be one of, if not the best performing kit on the market, with the lowest weight, all while producing no dust or noise on the street or track. Also, longevity with the 26mm thick pads and the ST ceramic rotors should last a very long time.

Next will be 380mm kits for GT4 models, so those folks can run 18's, followed by kits for 997 GT models. They currently offer a 392mm or a 380mm front, along with a 362mm rear which works with the factory Brembo calipers. So perhaps we will stick with those sizes and just have new hats made to account for the offset difference by switching to the PFC caliper...

Please note, ST already has replacement & upgrade discs for all the models mentioned above which work with your stock calipers. The PFC caliper/ST pairings still need to be developed as the caliper offsets are different.

Anyone still questioning the pairing can simply look to the 991 Cup / GT4 Clubsport offerings from ST, as there are many of these in the wild already and those cars run virtually the same PFC calipers mentioned above.
Old 10-05-2023 | 05:05 PM
SapphireGT4
Intermediate

I'd be interested in a 380/362 st/pfc kit for my 997 gt3.
Old 10-05-2023 | 05:34 PM
bob marley
4th Gear

Still learning the nuances of this platform but do the existing sizes you offer mean the rotors will work with 997 cup car calipers? I believe that's what the previous owner installed but not 100% sure.
Old 10-05-2023 | 06:12 PM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I'd be interested in a 380/362 st/pfc kit for my 997 gt3.
Thank you for the feedback, I'm thinking that will be the plan for the 997 platform to start...

Originally Posted by bob marley
Still learning the nuances of this platform but do the existing sizes you offer mean the rotors will work with 997 cup car calipers? I believe that's what the previous owner installed but not 100% sure.
The 997 Cup calipers are basically the same calipers as the 997.2 GT3 street calipers (sans dust boots). So these should work. That said, not entirely sure why someone would do that, unless your car a 997.1 (2006-2008?). The 997.1 calipers are different and were designed for 350/350mm discs, compared to 380/350mm discs on the 997.2. In short, if you are running 380mm front discs without any spacers or anything then this kit will work. Give me a call to chat if you're unsure, I'm usually just sitting around waiting with bated breath to talk brakes with you guys anyways
The following users liked this post:
diverzeusy (10-24-2023)
Old 10-05-2023 | 06:46 PM
SapphireGT4
Intermediate

For the 991 clubsport kit, is there a special pad shape for the pfc calipers and the st rotors? Or just use a 54mm pad depth on a 67mm annulus rotor?
Old 10-05-2023 | 10:47 PM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

For the 991 clubsport kit, is there a special pad shape for the pfc calipers and the st rotors? Or just use a 54mm pad depth on a 67mm annulus rotor?
Yea that is a good question. Carbon discs do not suffer from heat/stress risers like an iron discs do. If you have a cooling band on an iron disc, it will crack very quickly. Carbon discs are much more stable and dont expand as much with tempersture, so it really doesnt matter if the pad doesn't cover the full swept area/annulus of the disc. The unswept area just acts adds mass to help absorb some of the heat so its actually a good thing. As such, the PFC 7968/7969 shapes will work with these and the Pagid 4920/1 and 4928/9 shapes will work (using RS29 or RSL1). I also reached out to Pagid to get the RSC1 compound made in these shapes which will require a significant upfront investment on my part, but I think its worth it as demand is there.
Old 10-05-2023 | 10:59 PM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I forgot to mention the PFC 7995 pad shape is actually used in the Trackday kits PFC sells, so those pads can be used as well. They have a 60mm depth, compared to 56mm with the Clubsport and Cup fitments, but all shapes mentioned in my last post are more than sufficient and compatible. In most cases the RSC1 will be the pad of choice anyways.

Lastly, bear in mind the PFC pads are up to 28mm thick, and the PFC calipers are incredibly stiff, so that really helps manage heat also.
Old 10-05-2023 | 10:59 PM
SapphireGT4
Intermediate

Good to know it isnt as important covering the annulus depth on ccm rotors. Knowing that would have robbed me the enjoyment of looking into various calipers and cross referencing available brake compounds, shapes, ect..

Quick Reply: 997 GT2/GT3/RS Carbon Ceramic Kits In Bound!!